Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Fibre Broadband is ready to go

FIXED
Sarmstr7
Dabbler

Your Fibre Broadband is ready to go

Me again, I had an email this morning at just gone 8am from PlusNet telling me my fibre broadband is ready to go, although the only text I have about it still says by midnight on the 27th (end of today or end of tomorrow?), my router is orange power light and flashing red broadband light. I phoned and they said there might be a technical issue so has it activated and there's a problem or do I just need to wait until midnight to see what happens?
I just don't want to spend £65 because I was impatient or something

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Your Fibre Broadband is ready to go

still says by midnight on the 27th (end of today or end of tomorrow?)

That would normally mean by midnight today.

From your description of the lights on the router, it sounds like your connection has been made at the cabinet but the order hasnt been fully completed yet i.e there's DSL sync but no radius authentication. It should hopefully sort itself out later today...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sarmstr7
Dabbler

Still not working, seems as though I may need to book a technician to come out, I hope this doesn't take too long or end up costing me money! 

Sarmstr7
Dabbler

It's also not a promising sign that sometimes when I have been turning the router back on it gets stuck on green

Sarmstr7
Dabbler

Update: Spoke over the phone, they're sending an engineer tomorrow and posting a new router

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @Sarmstr7 

I'm sorry to see you're unable to connect to the internet following your order completing.

Can you let us know if your broadband still doesn't work after the engineer's been so we can investigate further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sarmstr7
Dabbler

Engineer has been, internet is now running fast and consistently! I can fully see now why PlusNet prides themselves on customer service - after a disaster attempting to join Vodafone with them cancelling for no reason multiple times, customer service with poor quality so you can't understand them it is such a relief to have some that understand what you're talking about, helpful and knowledgeable. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the kind words @Sarmstr7 and I'm glad to see you're up and running now. Thumbs_Up

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet