Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Reward Card Balance

kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Wrong Reward Card Balance

Hello,
I am hoping some help from Plusnet staff member.
I have received and activated my reward card, but the balance is £50 instead of £70 as advertised when signed up.
Could you please have a look and fix it?   
Thanks, Kenan
7 REPLIES 7
Trudiefiona
Hooked

Re: Wrong Reward Card Balance

I wish I could say the same thing has happened to me but I can’t cause when I signed up back in early July I went for a contract of unlimited uk calls and broadband with a £70 reward card and I still haven’t received my reward card. I rang every month asking when I will receive it only for them to keep telling me after paying the first bill that I had already paid 6 weeks in advance so I could get the deal before it was no longer available, so the guy I spoke on the phone to when confirming the contract specifics well that didn’t happen and I was told I would get it 30 days after paying my second bill as they classed that as the first official bill I received nothing in the post or emails about my £70 reward card it was only spoke of over the phone which made me think are they scamming me out of this reward card so they still get a new customer and that is what happened in the end up they told me over the last phone call over the matter that I never signed up for that deal as they haven’t had a deal like that so basically they are saying to me that it was all in my head and I’m paying 31.99 a month for unlimited fibre broadband and uk mobile and landline calls which I wouldn’t have bothered with as there was a cheaper deal only of a couple of pounds cheaper but every one counts but I signed up for that deal because of the £70 reward card that came with it I thought it was way worth spending a few pounds extra a month as I was gaining it all back through the reward card but I have waisted my time and money ringing them up every month for them to tell me I won’t be receiving it and I feel scammed and currently shopping for a cheaper broadband provider as I don’t appreciate being lied to or told That I didn’t sign up for the correct contract when I know I did And didn’t want to miss it as I would of if I’d of paid a few days later when I could afford to but I was told if I didn’t pay that day of sign up then I would of missed the deal so I broke into my savings and did as the man said so I would still revive the deal I’m so angry for falling for the trap.
Overscore
Rising Star

Hi,

I'm wondering if you took a snapshot of the screen showing the offer, or have a confirmation email from Plusnet mentioning the amount.

I think you might try contacting purecard.com.

Email info@purecard.com, Telephone 0344 800 6435*

Customer service agents are available 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday (excluding Christmas, boxing and New Year’s Day).

Address is:
Card Services, PO Box 1586, Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 9SF

AND

https://blackhawknetwork.com/customer-support

It wouldn't cost much to send a registered letter to them....you've got a date-stamp and some proof of contact that way.

Good luck, keep me posted.

kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Thanks for your suggestion Overscore.

Who would've thought I would need a screen shot of the reward card offer. Interestingly, Plusnet doesn't mention anything about the amount of the reward card in the confirmation emails. But they still have this information (https://www.plus.net/perks/); how much the reward card would be for different deals, and I am sure they know that it should've been £70 for unlimited fibre extra deal signed up in August.

So, my pure card account shows that Plusnet loaded the amount, which made me think that Plusnet can access and change/load the amount. I also found below topic, in which the staff member responded and confirmed that the amount was correct for the deal signed up. 

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Reward-card-not-75/m-p/1772915#M16828 

I will wait a response here until the end of this week, as it takes about an hour to contact them by phone. 

Cheers, Kenan

kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Hi Trudiefiona,

I wouldn't call it a trap, but it is true that system has problems. 

I must say that I was almost forgetting about the reward card, and at the time I remembered (thankfully not long after the service was up and running), I immediately checked my junk email box, because I kind of guessed that it would go there. The email comes from no-reply@plusnetrewards.com and unfortunately it seems like a proper spam Sad 

If you are still within 2 months (maybe a bit more) of service start date, then you might still have a chance if you haven't checked your junk email.

All the best.

Trudiefiona
Hooked

Thanks but I do check my junk as most things seem to go there unfortunately and to be frank you would have to be pretty stupid not to check your junk before ringing and complaining etc I don’t know about anyone else but I would feel so daft and you are one of the lucky ones it seems and as rare as it is haven’t been told your not entitled like most of us do when they have trapped us into signing up cause that’s what they are best at yes we can get out of the trap but ultimately it’s what they do and we have to deal with people like you that try and stick up for them because your the one in 100 that actually gets what you’ve signed up for even though your not too bothered to even remember if you don’t mind do al of us unfortunate ones a favour and keep your unhelpful advise to me, to yourself please all you’ve done is rub it in my face which I’m sure was your goal in the first place. Thanks so much for trying to help as I’m sure you would make out you was doing I hope you feel better for putting that out there and wasting your time to make others feel even more annoyed with plusnet and I’m so glad things were as simple and straightforward for you and you actually got what you paid for without having to lift a finger more over it. I hope one day you won’t be so unfortunate to go through it but you probably will as not everything goes so smoothly forever and then you will know how it feels when someone like you just has to reply with how perfect your experience was believe me it’s a rare occurance. Take care love.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @kenan_isbilir, thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry you've had some trouble with the redemption of your cashback/reward card, I've checked over the account and provided a further response over a support ticket here for you. 

Thanks. 

kenan_isbilir
Dabbler

Hi All,

I just wanted to give an update on this in case someone might have the same issue. 

After few discussion and conversation, I convinced the customer service that reward card balance was wrong Smiley 

I initially thought it was supposed to be £70, but it turned out that at the time I signed up, the deal was actually £75.

So in the end, my account was credited total of £25. (First, £10 'as a gesture of goodwill' after posting this on here, and after insisting about the amount of £75, then an additional £15 later in the following month). 

Thanks for all your help.

Kenan