Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my upgrade to fibre ever happen?

FIXED
Chaz
Fixes: 1

Will my upgrade to fibre ever happen?

I'm losing confidence in Plusnet, and somewhat regretting my decision to upgrade to super fast fibre. In short, the original order was placed towards the end of November. Having heard nothing from them, I then chased them up for the router (which they hadn't ordered). Received the automated email saying everything had changed over in mid Dec - of course now know this accounts for very little and on contacting PN was informed that the order hadn't even been placed with Openreach - so another delay caused by PN. This then pushed the switchover to today, 6th January - some 5 to 6 weeks later.

So far no change to fibre today. Download speed still on ADSL. There appeared to be some work on the line this morning, but on contacting PN earlier on, they had it down as not completed on their system. When will it happen? - why all the delays and no update from PN? Why do I have to do all the chasing?

Now, just to clarify, all the people I have talked to and web chatted to have been very polite and apologetic - but I am still left feeling disappointed with the service and none the wiser as to when I will get the service I am paying for.

4 REPLIES 4
Chaz

Re: Will my upgrade to fibre ever happen?

Fix

Update - after a phone call to PN it has now been activated. It appears the the original ADSL session needed to be shut down and a new session started up that kicked off the fibre connection. Thank you to the PN guy who sorted it (sorry, I didn't catch your name)

osyoswald

Hey Chaz , i was wondering that , when you called PN did they activate the fibre straight away or not?

Chaz

Hi, once PN had checked on their that the Openreach work had been done they did some tests on the line to confirm that the fibre connection was set up. Having confirmed that the connection was set up I pointed out that I was still running at ADSL speeds. The PN techie then 'shut down' the session that was running and restarted it - once this was done it instantly went to the fibre broadband speed (checked using an online speed test).I have a feeling that this switch is meant to happen automatically when Openreach has switched line to fibre, but in this case it didn't.

osyoswald

Ok , thank you for the quick reply!