cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will i ever get broadband? 21 hours of my time wasted.

Smckay541
Dabbler

Will i ever get broadband? 21 hours of my time wasted.

So on the 19th of October I was supposed to have my broadband installed for a house move - wait in all day for a no show. I ring up and I'm told that they have done it remotely and it will be activated by midnight. Next morning nothing so I ring up again and I'm told they got held up by the previous call apolgieses and rearranged a visit for 26th October, wait in all day for a no show again. Ring up and they apologize and say they've given me the wrong date it was actually 30th October. Wait in all day and end up having 3 BT engineers out (the irony), they have to do some digging but they leave saying it's all done and should be activated by midnight. The next morning nothing again. I ring up - I'm told something is wrong that 'my broadband is still in the commited status and the components are deactive and it will be sorted within 48 hours. 48 hours later and again nothing! I ring up AGAIN and I'm told that suppliers have an engineer going out tonight and it'll be up and running by midnight. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's not going to work tonight either. Is there anything I can do? I've spent a small fortune on data as I'm a student and need the internet, and the time wasted is just ridiculous - let alone paying for a service I've not got. How do I go about complaining?

Time on the phone: 230 minutes = 3.8 hours
Time waited in: 17 hours.

14 REPLIES 14
Smckay541
Dabbler

Re: Will i ever get broadband? 21 hours of my time wasted.

What a surprise... midnight and still no internet. 🤷🏻‍♀️
shrubbfamily
Grafter

Have you tried to see if there any open orders on DSL CHECKER by going to this link https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ enter your plusnet phone number does any open orders appear ? 

Smckay541
Dabbler

It says there is an open order which is due to be completed 30-Oct 18
shrubbfamily
Grafter

Looks like the order got stuck in the system hopefully plusnet will have to contact openreach get them to push the order out nothing wont get done now as it being a weekend. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Smckay541
Dabbler

After another phone call I'm now told it's going to be the 6th of November. These constant delays are unacceptable, I've been passed from pillar to post for 24 hours, 48 hours. I've had enough now!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Apologies for the delayed response.

I've contacted our suppliers and they've advised that the order isn't reflecting as complete on their end.

They've passed this to the correct team to close the order off and this should be done in the next 24 to 48 working hours

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Smckay541
Dabbler

It's the third or fourth time it's been passed on to the correct team after speaking to the supplier... I'm honestly not holding out much hope.
Smckay541
Dabbler

Four hours to go, still nothing. Holding out zero hope.
Smckay541
Dabbler

Still nothing!
Smckay541
Dabbler

Still awaiting on a call back which was supposed to happen at 10.30. It's now 1 and no phone call and ignoring my requests for updates. Increasingly getting more agitated with this poor service.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Smckay541,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry you have not received a response about your broadband order, I appreciate it's not ideal. Please accept our apologies for this.

I have checked your order and sent you a response here.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks.

Smckay541
Dabbler

Do you just constantly lie to your customers? Returned from uni after being told it should work now. Still nothing, absolutely unacceptable. Now having to use mobile data to do uni work.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Smckay541

I am sorry to hear your services are not working, I understand this has caused you some inconvenience which I do apologise for.

I can see you spoken to a member of our Technical Support team yesterday. They raised a ticket on your account which you can view by Clicking Here

I hope they were able to answer your query.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.