cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will anybody ever answer the phone?

carl0s
Rising Star

Will anybody ever answer the phone?

I'm sick of this. I need to amend my new residential phone/fibre order.

I've been on hold for an eternity. 15 minutes first time, after the 'join plusnet' person decided to transfer me to the 'correct department.' I gave up and hung up after listening to the same pop music for 15 minutes.

I called back. After approx 20 minutes of the same repetitive [-Censored-] music, somebody answered but after checking my username, said he was business and would have to pass me to residential. I had pressed "1 for residential" at the beginning of the call on the IVR so not my problem. He said I shouldn't have to wait long as he would transfer me directly. That was 10 minutes of [-Censored-] music ago (up to 32 minutes on this second phonecall as I write).

At this rate I would probably sooner just cancel the order and go elsewhere, or just cancel and place a fresh order through the website myself because your staffing is an absolute joke.

4 REPLIES 4
carl0s
Rising Star

Re: Will anybody ever answer the phone?

42 mins of same [-Censored-] music loop. still no human since that first waste of time earlier.

carl0s
Rising Star

Someone's answered at the 48 minute point.

Only 1hr3 to start to speak to somebody then.

I'm a plusnet dealer and have loads of my business customers on with Plusnet. I've always said to people the service is generally good, but residential support can be a nightmare with call times. I shall emphasise that more so in future.

and that fricking music. Not even a Yorkshire man telling you that they're sorry any more.

carl0s
Rising Star

human was helpful, order updated. hope I don't need to ring up again anytime too soon.

kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

At least you got music. I just get a message telling me to phone back tomorrow.