cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an engineer visit?

MrD2017

Will an engineer visit?

I recently switched from BT broadband to Plusnet fibre. This is the first time I have had fibre broadband. My changeover date is this coming Thursday.

I was wondering if an engineer will need to visit my house? We just have a standard phone socket. I am pretty sure on signing up that it said no-one had to visit. Is this something that has to be done if you have never had fibre broadband before? If so, will the engineer come of the day of my changeover?

6 REPLIES 6
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Will an engineer visit?

No there's no engineer visit to your house. They do have to visit the fibre cabinet to do some work there.

Assuming activation goes as planned it can be any time during the day - even if you get PlusNet e-mails saying it's been done!!!

At your end you simply plug the modem into the filter and the filter into your phone socket.

Brian

MrD2017

That is good news. I thought you needed to have a socket like this fitted with the fibre broadband coming from the Openreach socket?

index.jpg

mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Since they went to self install they don't fit them anymore. You get a micro filter splitter in the box with the router. You can buy the mk3 VDSL faceplates with the filters built in  on the internet. As they plug into the test socket and don't need any changes to the wiring you can fit them yourself.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

As others have advised, it'd be a self-install process where you'd just need to setup your new router into the master socket once your service is transferred to Plusnet. Can you let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrD2017

In the end, 2 engineers did visit on the day but it was just to check the connection was active. I had not connected the new modem yet as I was waiting for a text message as instructed by Plusnet. After the engineers left, I noticed that I still could not connect to the Internet but I phoned Plusnet and they said it had not been activated yet and they did it right away. Connection is now working fine.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @MrD2017,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I'm glad to hear that you are now connected and you start to enjoy your new Plusnet service. If you need any further assistance then please get in contact with us and we will be more than happy to help.