cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will My Activation Date Happen Before My Current Contract Ends (14 July)?

John905
Hooked

Will My Activation Date Happen Before My Current Contract Ends (14 July)?

I'm about to pull the trigger and switch to Plusnet from BT. However, as my contract does not end till 14 July I don't want to pull the trigger too soon and end up with an activation date before my contract ends. What is the earliest my activation could possibly be, as I understand you can't specify an activate after ...... date?

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Will My Activation Date Happen Before My Current Contract Ends (14 July)?

Hi there, welcome to Plusnet Smiley
When we place a transfer order, it'll default to the minimum lead time of 10 working days but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to delay this. Once you have an account created, feel free to PM me your username and the required date you'd like.

Anoush
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Anoush,

This is a re-occurring question.

1. Can this please be fed back to the order journey team to consider adding a "preferred" start date for a migration
  2. In the meantime can this be added to a general orders Q&A sticky topic within this forum?

Note I have just asked Matthew for a similar idea on another reoccurring issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman wrote:
Can this please be fed back to the order journey team to consider adding a "preferred" start date for a migration

Fed back.

In the meantime can this be added to a general orders Q&A sticky topic within this forum?

Mind linking me this topic?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Anoush,

I had a specific idea here - https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Router-not-received-yet/m-p/1454384#M3529 - and then extending the concept here makes me wonder if a generic Q&A sticky at the top of this board (as we have elsewhere) might be beneficial to all - users and support staff alike?  Note it needs to be locked!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah ok, I thought you meant there was a sticky topic already there we could add this to.

I'll pass the feedback on and see if something like a Q&A could be created.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet