cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so much trouble to get connected??? So much disappointment!!!

cyb_J
Dabbler

After patiently going through several order cancellations and re-order, and having to end-up requesting a new line despite having a valid working line, my new line was installed and activated on 24th. When this order was created I was assured that my fibre broadband would be activated the same day but, like I have been treated from the beginning, it's just another lie. I called on the 25th and they told me there has been an issue and they have contacted Openreach and I will be activated in 48 hours. I called again on 26th just to be sure everything is on track but again was given the same story and I am again back on another 48 hours wait. I called again yesterday 27th at around 3:30pm  and one [CSA Removed] (a very arrogant guy - a robot would do a better job) just told that he can see I have been told my issue would be resolved in 48 hours and it's still 24 left so I should wait. I told him about my past experiences and urged to just help as a matter courtesy call Openreach again just to be sure they are actually working on but he just flatly there is no need and he would not.

Chronicle of issues:

Order was raised 30/09/2017 and cancelled 4 times

New line and Fibre ordered 06/10/2017

Engineer visited 24/10/2017

Phone Activated 24/10/2017

Ticket 160575364 updated on 24/10/2017 to confirm Broadband Activation for same day

Ticket 160575364 updated on 24/10/2017 to inform me that I have been provisioned with wrong speed

Ticket 160575364 updated on 25/10/2017 - Opeanreach contacted and Fibre activation confirmed for 27/10/2017

Today 28/10/2017 still no broadband.

Unfortunately I told my previous provider to disconnect me though they were willing to keep me on until I get connected by Plusnet since I decided to install a new line. I foolishly thought I could trust Plusnet. What a disappointment!!!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

24 REPLIES 24
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Why so much trouble to get connected??? So much disappointment!!!

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience.

Order was raised 30/09/2017 and cancelled 4 times

It looks like this was a problem with our supplier systems. Each time we placed the transfer order to move both your phone and broadband services to Plusnet at the same time, the orders basically failed within the BTwholesale systems.

I've seen this before and it seems the best way around this is to place the orders one at a time, by placing the phone order and when that's transferred, to then place the broadband order. I'm sorry to see this was not done.

Instead, we placed the simultaneous order but as a new line install [as you know]. And I'm also sorry to see that it doesn't look like we requested the order to be expedited because of the delays caused by suppliers.

Ticket 160575364 updated on 24/10/2017 to inform me that I have been provisioned with wrong speed

Apologies for that, we'll get it rectified when the order completes.

Ticket 160575364 updated on 25/10/2017 - Opeanreach contacted and Fibre activation confirmed for 27/10/2017

Today 28/10/2017 still no broadband.

Whilst the phone order is complete, the linked broadband order is sadly stuck within the BTwholesale systems. I can see our suppliers have raised a bridge case which is basically a request to manually complete the order.

An order goes through different stages and activities, interacting with various systems and sometimes something unexpected happens that automation can’t clear, which means the flow of activity becomes stuck.

I do appreciate this doesn't make for a good first impression. We're to expect an update by the start of next week. I've moved the ticket 160575364 to my teams ticket pool so we can take ownership of this moving forward.

I hope this is fixed soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there.

I'm just following up for you but it looks like you've got in touch with our support team first.

We're due an update tomorrow with regards to this, so I'll be sure to follow up then.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cyb_J
Dabbler

Just for the records, it's exactly 1 month since I started this process and yet no solution. If I work for PN I would be very ashamed of this performance. I hope someone in your management actually takes time to look through some of the posts here.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that. I can see we're doing all we can to get this resolved.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cyb_J
Dabbler

@Gandalf Hi, I was hoping you will be able to give me the good news today that this case has been resolved. Let everyone in the forum know how efficient PN is.

Shu123
Dabbler

I feel for you. I've been without my internet for 2 weeks now. They just sorted out my phone today but still no internet.

I've wasted over 20gb of my mobile data Embarrassed

I hope they compensate me for this

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Shu123, 

I'll get back to you on your post here shortly: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/New-order-still-not-processed/m-p/1488362#M4634

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@cyb_J wrote:

@Gandalf Hi, I was hoping you will be able to give me the good news today that this case has been resolved. Let everyone in the forum know how efficient PN is.

It's not good news I'm afraid. I can see our provisioning team have chased this up with BT Wholesale. It looks like the broadband order is still stuck within their systems and we're to expect more info by Monday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cyb_J
Dabbler

Plusnet customer service trying to victimize me. Ticket 161451722 raised by provisioning support to complain that I am complaining. Did the support agent just raised a ticket to ensure other agents would not want to answer my call? Are tickets meant to be used to complain about customers? Is 35 days too much to start complaining of not getting the services I have ordered?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Unfortunately your troubles are likely to be as a result of you telling your previous supplier to cancel your service. All lines provided by Openreach can only have one order on it at any time, so your previous provider's cancelation meant that nothing else could have been done until that completes.

I am guessing your previous supplier was an LLU provider, such as Talk Talk or Sky or others, it is not uncommon for those providers to "records" issues with openreach and BTW, resulting in difficult transfers.

Moving broadband providers should be easy,if you follow the process and let the new provider do all the work, alas you did not. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@cyb_J

I'm calling BT Wholesale now. I'll post back here when I'm off the phone.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So I've got a bit more info with regards to this.

I've been advised the order is complete in the Openreach systems, but it is stuck in the BT Wholesale (BTW) back end systems. I've spoken to a BTW Team Manager who's escalating this as much as they can.

We'd expect the order in their back end systems to be sorted within 24 hours and from there the order should become fluid and complete in the front end systems.

The manager said they'll update us by email tomorrow. As soon as we hear back we'll let you know.

@Mustruma

We placed a new line install so it won't be anything to do with a previous provider.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thank you for your patience. We haven't heard back as of yet so I'm chasing this up now.

I'll post back soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cyb_J
Dabbler

No it's no longer Openreach but BT Wholesale. My last move to another provider took exactly 10 working days. Is PN in a different country or why is it so difficult to get things done? Looking through the forum, it's the same story for everyone. 

How long is this going to last? What in the world have I gotten myself into by moving to PN???