Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why oh why is it soooooo hard?

FIXED
MrRee

Why oh why is it soooooo hard?

Totally fed up now with Plusnet.

Been loyal since 2012 - last year moved to John Lewis (Plusnet) as they had a good deal going and I thought as a John Lewis customer I would get better customer service.

On 11th August 2020 I started the switch back to Plusnet on a deal for Fibre - should be simple? Same company after all? WRONG!!

Chased up late August as the switch should take 10 days - they had messed it all up, thought I was moving TO John Lewis. No Fibre router sent. Nothing had happened!! Staggering incompetence. Anyway - I was assured that it's all sorted now. Router arrived but told not to connect that until they tell me, fair enough.

Today we are a full month from that date in late August where it was 'Apparently' all sorted out, had a text saying my phone line has been switched. Tried the router and nothing.

Chased up online support on 15th September .... no response despite their promise to get back to me within 5 days.

I'm fed up with their lies, with their complete and utter incompetence - if I was this useless I would be sacked from my job!!

I had big troubles in 2017/2018 with lies and broken promises - finally sorted through Resolver.

Looks like OFCOM is the only way left to me to get the promises delivered ..... it's staggeringly bad.

I can't be alone in this uselessness - can I?

14 REPLIES 14
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Why oh why is it soooooo hard?

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your time on the phone @MrRee 

I'm sorry for the delay and your order and there's been no proactive updates thus far. As discussed I've now placed your fibre order and I'll contact you tomorrow with a view to confirm when the service will go live.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
euaneddie

I'm having a very similar problem, switching from JL to Plusnet and order is stuck at "Checking your line".

Called support 2 weeks ago and router was sent out but no progress on actually switching the line.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting in touch @euaneddie 

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I can see your line transferred across to us this morning so I've activated your account with us now.

Let us know if there are any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrRee

Thanks

roddi

Same situation too.  Order was raised and paid for on 5th August.

Gave up trying to ring them..........either stuck in queue, answered and cut off or told to call back later or the next day!

Managed to raise a ticket on the 4th September.

Ticket was looked at on 15th September. Analyst added comment "We need to call our Provisioning team to update on the order."

.....and since then nothing

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi roddi, sorry to see this. I've just picked that up for you and have added updates on to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=206478790

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TheCrimsonKing
Hooked

This sounds a bit like my situation.  Been with Plusnet for many years, then moved to John Lewis last year which is still basically Plusnet.  Am in the process of moving back to Plusnet and commenced my order on 2nd Sept with an expected activation date of 15th Sept.  I have been away in the meantime but around 10th Sept, the order process on Checking Yor Line read 'We've found a potential problem on your telephone line. We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly', and has been like that ever since.  As far as I am aware, there is no problem with the line and everything is working fine.  I wouldn't be on the internet now if it wasn't!!  Again, as John Lewis uses Plusnet and it is working, then why do Plusnet seem to have a problem with my line.  It doesn't make any sense.  I have tried phoning but have never been able to get through, and the live chat is not available.  I have raised a ticket but not hopefull of getting any sort of reply.  I will give it until 2nd October which will be 1 month since I commenced my order and if nothing has progressed in that time, I will cancel and look elsewhere.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your post @TheCrimsonKing 

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've progressed this now by placing an order to transfer your line across to us. We'll confirm your transfer date within 1-2 working days and once that's completed, we'll activate your account with us. You should receive your new router within that timeframe, you should hopefully get it within the next few days actually.

I've added details onto the support ticket Here and I'll follow up next week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrRee

After months of promises - guess what?

In August 2020 signed up to a switch to Plusnet from John Lewis - received contract, looked good.

Of course, as seen through these pages, things went wrong.

I have been promised and promised that it will be sorted out.

Today, 6th October 2020, 8 weeks later, was to be the date that I was switched .... I have paid for the Fibre I was today going to finally get.

And what happens?Huh

At 2:30pm halfway through a business meeting the internet is switched off.

Thinking that this is the switch I waited, after 7 hours it's obvious that I have just been switched off and there is nothing to kick in! Quite staggering ineptitude - this is Plusnets business and they can't get it right, words fail me.

So, here I sit, no internet - just a tether to my mobile (Plusnet Mobile!).

I am extremely vulnerable so work from home successfully - I now need to go into work, putting my health at great risk.

What can be done? I've sat on the phone for over an hour and no-one answers.

HELP! ANYONE?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: After months of promises - guess what?

Moderators Note

Topics merged. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for your time on the phone @MrRee 

I'm sorry for the delay with activating your account following your order completing yesterday. As discussed I'll call you back tomorrow once you've had a chance to setup your router and test your fibre service to make sure it's working.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrRee

Thank you for stepping in and sorting it out ..... from 11th August it's been a trial, hopefully done and dusted.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @MrRee 

No problem and sorry again for the issues you've had with your transfer.

Feel free to let me know if there's absolutely anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet