cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the activation date different from the one requested. Such a simple thing to get wrong.

smt3mm

Why is the activation date different from the one requested. Such a simple thing to get wrong.

I have the same issue as many other people. I have requested a specific activation date but been given a different one. The sales guy (couldn't signup online as it broke) even raised a ticket on my behalf, 204866948,  

but it's not being answered. Is this the level of service I can expect from plunet as I am tempted to cancel the order. I still have 8 days to do that.

Thanks

Stuart

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Why is the activation date different from the one requested. Such a simple thing to get wrong.

@smt3mm  Welcome to the forum.

I would expect that it is simply a case of engineer availabilty. Plusnet can request a date but it's then a matter whether Openreach has the necessary personnel available on that date.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

smt3mm

Re: Why is the activation date different from the one requested. Such a simple thing to get wrong.

Baldrick1

That could easily be the reason but it's a change that needs to be communicated. The date Plusnet have chosen does not work for me and is probably a real problem for those who are now working full time from home. In my case I don't want to have the risk of being without internet on a work day.

All the best

Stuart

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@smt3mm 

I don't disagree with you. This level of customer service is not acceptaable. I was simply giving you what is the more common answer to your question.

If you are moving from an ISP that also uses the BT infrastructure there should not be a very long break in service. Openreach are notorious at changing dates at the last minute due to non availability of staff so I doubt that you will get a cast in stone date that is convenient for you commitment from Plusnet. You may get a promise but as my old boss used to say "the truth is time varying".

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

smt3mm

And here we go. BT went off 90 minutes ago and I have no Broadband on a workday. Any ideas out there on the usual time between disconnection and reconnection?

Thanks

Stuart