cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my post about delays implementing my switch to fibre been deleted?

watercleaves
Hooked

Why has my post about delays implementing my switch to fibre been deleted?

This morning I posted a long history of things going wrong. It was here for a short while and now mysteriously it has disappeared.

Does anyone else have experience of disappearing complaints?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
watercleaves
Hooked

A month fibre activation delay already despite assurances

Today tried to follow up by online chat (not available) and phone (60 minute queue) on a promise made by Plusnet's "provisioning team" guy last week. Ordered change to fibre mid September and asked for activation from 8 October. Modem was only despatched after I spent over an hour on the phone on Oct 19 chasing progress; it then arrived the day before my promised activation date of 23 Oct, 3 previous planned dates apparently had been changed. An Openreach voice line technician rang and came to check the master socket and voice line quality over a week ago, before I rang Plusnet. Plusnet said they contacted Openreach during my one hour call to verify they had everything in place to activate on Oct 23 but it didn't happen. Can't see any way to reply to the question response on the Plusnet support site.

So re your response to my Question #183731868 I inform you that your supplier did not connect me to fibre yesterday despite the assurances given last week by Ahmed, who said he had contacted Openreach and had been told they had all plans in place to complete it on 23/10 including the necessary provision of traffic lights to access the Green Box.

When is my order going to be complete?
Why did my Order Progress show modem despatched days before it had been even requested?

Why did it say activation complete when you know it wasn't?

I do now have the new router and have it set up ready for when they switch me over.

Tags (2)
watercleaves
Hooked

Re: Why has my post about delays implementing my switch to fibre been deleted?

Ordered on 10 September. Asked for switch to fibre from 8 October. Confirmed by email from Plusnet.

10 October : contact from an Openreach voice line technician & visit to check master socket and line OK

18 October : online order status showed modem despatched and activation complete. No modem here yet.

19 October : rang to query this status as no modem has arrived yet. Turns out not even despatched yet. Documented on Plusnet question #183731868 promising activation complete on 23 October

21 October - modem arrives as promised

23 October - nothing happens

24 October - no live chat available from Plusnet and 60 min call queue on 0800 number

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: A month fibre activation delay already despite assurances

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Spam Filter.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: A month fibre activation delay already despite assurances

Hello @watercleaves

I am sorry to hear you have had no updates regarding your Fibre order and for the long call queue wait times.

I have responded to your query with a ticket. You can view this on your member portal by Clicking Here

Should you need any further assistance, feel free to ask.