cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my existing landline number have to change?

Walter21
Hooked

Why does my existing landline number have to change?

Hi

I’ m due to switch to plusnet soon. I have had a message notifying me of a new landline number? When I was with plusnet some years ago I was able to retain my existing phone number. Why does it have to change? 

thanks in advance for your advice

Tracey

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Why does my existing landline number have to change?

@Walter21 

Did you ask for it to be retained when you signed up? You don’t get if you don’t ask.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Home Phone to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Tracey, I'm sorry to see we're changing your landline number when transferring your service to us. I've put a cancellation request on the order we've placed with our suppliers and when that's been done, I'll replace it to import your number.

I should be able to provide an update tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
milesp
Hooked

Hi, I have a similar problem. I have had a broadband only service for many years with Plusnet and my landline has been with BT. I have ordered the Unlimited Fibre Extra upgrade (which includes line rental) and have received a confusing email saying that a will lose my home phone! On a phone call with Plusnet support I was told that I would keep my phone service (Line Only) but would have a new number. I don't want the massive hassle of telling the world my landline number has changed. Why can't I keep my existing number?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @milesp, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry for the concern caused by the information you received, this is just an automated email on the back of the changes made on your account.

We need to wait until the changes are complete on your Broadband order and once done, our team will place an order to transfer your phone to us. There should be no reason why you can't keep your landline number, as we are just transferring the service across.

I have added a note to the ticket advising to bring the service over with the same number for you. If you have any further concerns when the order is placed though, just give us a nudge on here and we can assist you further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
milesp
Hooked

Thank you, hoping for a smooth changeover with the same number.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

No worries, as mentioned if you need any further support when the time comes that we can place the transfer, just get back to us on here and we can assist to ensure as smooth transfer as possible for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team