cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I still have to wait 10 days for broadband?

davetyrer87

Why do I still have to wait 10 days for broadband?

Hi, I was due to be switched on for fibre broadband today but apparently there's no ports available. Firstly, why it took until the day of activation for this to be discovered, I don't know.

So I've switched my account to basic broadband with a view to upgrading to fibre once it's available. What I don't understand is, I have the router in my house, my phone had already been switched and my previous service has already been switched off. Why is there still the same process when everything was already to go today? I find this very inconvenient and slightly confusing.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Why do I still have to wait 10 days for broadband?

Hi Dave.

Sincere apologies about the inconvenience and any confusion.

The broadband activation takes place after the line is switched on, and requires independent work at the green cabinets you see on sides of pavements in every street. Your previous supplier may have switched off their supply, however to come to us the engineer needs to physically install a new broadband line to us. A port issue may then arise due to either wear and tear or cabinet capacity. The engineer will try to rectify the fault within the time allocated. Sometimes this isn't possible, hence another visit is required. As they are on strict schedules all appointments are on a rota basis.

If you need any further assistance, please come back to us.

Thanks.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Why do I still have to wait 10 days for broadband?

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still