cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't we keep our number?

laura_stanfield
Hooked

Why can't we keep our number?

My Mum, after a long time with Virgin and extremely poor customer service, needs to move providers. She'd really like to go to Plus-net but is being told she cannot keep her existing landline. The landline number was original to the house and was provided by BT prior to her joining Virgin. Ofcom is very clear that, if you're not moving home then, you should always be able to keep your own number. 

Is there anything we can do to make this possible please? Could Openreach help? Any ideas gratefully received as really don't want her without phone or broadband! Or that her only choice is staying with Virgin who have been appalling.

Thanks so much.

Laura

11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Why can't we keep our number?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Laura, 

I'd like to look into this for you. Can you send me a private message with your mum's username and confirming the number she'd like to keep and I'll make sure we're doing all that we can. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
laura_stanfield
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Thanks for offering help. My Mum rang Virgin and was reassured that, from their point of view, there was no issue with her transferring the number to Plus-net. She rang to tell Plus-net this morning and was assured that she can, in fact, keep her number. Am hoping this means the problem has been solved and she has put in motion starting a new plus-net account. I don't know why it's been so tricky but am crossing my fingers it's all sorted.

Can I contact you if we encounter any problems though please. That would be great.

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, that sounds promising and I'm sorry you were given conflicting advice about that. 

Sure, feel free to send the username anyway that way I can make sure everything is done correctly and I feel it might help to give you a single point of contact in case there's any further issues, not that I hope there will be! 

All the best.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
laura_stanfield
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Wondering if I could ask you to chase this up for me after all please? Mum has now had her engineer appointment cancelled twice and each time Plusnet try to issue her with another new phone number. She has to keep her existing number.

She was due for an engineers visit today and they have now delayed until 24th. We don't know the reason why it had to be cancelled. Mum had already cancelled her Virgin media contract and has now had to re-new it twice. They (Virgin) also messed it up twice resulting in her being cut off for a couple of days each time. Obviously with everything going on right now I just want Mum to have a reliable phone and broadband service and to be able to keep her own number. Can you please help? Thanks so much!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @laura_stanfield

I'm really sorry to hear that this keeps happening.

If you can drop me a PM with her account username I'd be happy to take personal ownership of this for you 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
laura_stanfield
Hooked

Thanks Matthew,

I would really appreciate that.

Please can you tell me how to PM? I can't see how to do it?

Many thanks for the speedy reply!

Laura

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@laura_stanfield click the link ( Matthews name in purple) next to his avatar. That should open Matthews profile page. To the rhs you should see a Contact me heading and under that a link to send private message.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

laura_stanfield
Hooked

Thankyou so much MisterW! 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for the PM @laura_stanfield

I'm looking into this now and I'll update her online ticket shortly

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
laura_stanfield
Hooked

Great. Thanks Matthew. It's very much appreciated!

Laura