cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheres my Fibre!? plusnet couldnt arrange a [censored] up in a brewery

cmh656

Wheres my Fibre!? plusnet couldnt arrange a [censored] up in a brewery

Hello,

So we moved home 14th July. I called plusnet on 6th July to say we are moving and i would really want everything up and running as soon as possible.

I was told on the phone it should only take 10 days to get it up and running so i wont have much downtime, which was ideal as i do work from home allot.

I then get an email saying that an engineer needs to come out and install a line.... the date got confirmed and a time slot 8am -1pm. At 2pm im still waiting so i decided to check my plusnet emails to see if there was an update. 

Oh there was! to say that the Engineer work is now complete and no visit was needed.... A bit peeved because i was waiting in for an engineer and no-one had the decency to call me to let me know but i thought, bite the bullet, it all done now!

I called plusnet and they informed me that they have got to wait for TAGS to update which should take 24 hours and then they can place my fibre order! ( i thought this was already done ).

3 days later and tags had  updated and they can now place my fibre order..... I called again to be told that im at the final hurdle now and they will text me an activation date. I thought this is it, its all over, not impressed with the customer service but at least we have a date on the way!

3 days later again - i hadn't heard a thing! i called up to be told that the activation date had only just come through and will be 30th AUGUST!!!  

I was told that its the soonest BT openreach can get to the cabinet to activate it.

This is very poor from Plusnet and i haven't been very impressed at all! especially when they decided to take £32.00 out of my bank for a service i haven't even had!!! 

Surely plusnet need to put pressure on BT to get this resolved sooner....IF ( a big if ) we do go live on 30th August, that would of been a month and a half just to get the internet installed!!!!

I look forward to your reply

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter in title edited as per Forum rules.

3 REPLIES 3
cmh656

Re: Wheres my Fibre!? plusnet couldnt arrange a [censored] up in a brewery

Still no reply.....
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the poor experience you've had and of the lack of communication in regards to the engineer not needing access to your property in order to complete the work.

Since your address was listed on the Openreach database as silver key, we had to place the order to install the line first then wait for line records to update on our supplier systems before placing your fibre order which is subject to engineer availability.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, can you let us know how the activation goes on the day?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JShepp

Sounds very similar top my experiences. I'd report them to OFCOM and try to get out of your contract if I were you - they don't seem to realise that contracts work both ways and they actually need to deliver what they promise.