cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my Router ?

black2112
Hooked

Where's my Router ?

Hi there, I'm an existing customer and I recently upgraded to fibre and bought a Plusnet router at the same time

I received an email on Friday 2nd Sept to say my fibre order was complete but I've still not received the router. I'm now paying for the fibre service but I can't use it. Any idea when the router should arrive? Am I jumping the gun?

Cheers, Steve

9 REPLIES 9
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Where's my Router ?

@black2112

Welcome to the forums.

If your ADSL is still working then Plusnet have not upgrade you to FTTC as it is impossible for both to work at the same time.

A common problem (and too common so Plusnet should have fixed already ha!) is that the email gets sent out when the ACCOUNTS system is updated and there are zero links to the real order from the accounting system.

You need to either phone, Chat (stopping any ad blocking software), Twitter or Facebook with Plusnet and get them to give you the real date for the FTTC upgrade and when the router will be sent out..

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You need to either phone, Chat (stopping any ad blocking software), Twitter or Facebook with Plusnet and get them to give you the real date for the FTTC upgrade and when the router will be sent out..

Or give me 5 minutes and I'll take a look.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looks like I was too late and you've already spoken to someone to confirm the date and your router has been dispatched.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Thank you Chris, I hope the answer is good news, but if the OP had read my post 3 hours ago, they would have had the answer before now.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
black2112
Hooked

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for not answering sooner. I've had loads of hassle transferring over to fibre including:
1. Voice line being cut off
2. Fibre was capped at the old 16meg rate despite phoning twice to complain (took 3 days to sort out)
3. Getting the voice service restored only to simultaneously have my broadband connection cut off for 6 days....grrrr

Now I'm being charged at the full rate of £27.49 instead of the £17.50 discount I've signed up for...I like being with Plusnet but my goodwill is stretched thin just now Sad
baja2215
Dabbler

I'm not even connected yet and my goodwill is already on it's last thread.

I'm curious if you had to get them to order your router or if it was eventually sent out automatically?

black2112
Hooked

Hi Baja, it was sent out after I got in touch but I've a feeling it would have come out automatically anyway. The accounts people had told me my order was complete...... It was complete from a financial point of view but not to the point of me having fibre in my house. That's what caused my confusion
baja2215
Dabbler

yeah I had that too - knew it was too soon for it to be completed in a day - my router was only dispatched today (eta 1-5 days) with fiber going live tomorrow - I'm feeling a lot of regret at switching now (and I'm switching from Sky!!)

black2112
Hooked

I've been with Plusnet since 2010 and apart from this annoying blip, I've had great service. They've been good far so I hope this is the last hassle I have