cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my refund?!?

jiasouthall

Where is my refund?!?

On 14 May I signed up to transfer my broadband and line rental to Plusnet. Opted to save some money by paying £197.88 line rental upfront.

The activation date kept getting pushed back with excuses after excuses blaming Sky, Openreach, some unidentified “third party” etc.

Reached the end of my patience and opted to just cancel the whole damn thing on 30 May.

Was verbally informed on phone that the £197.88 LRS I had paid upfront would be fully refunded. This was followed up by two separate emails from [CSA Removed] and [CSA Removed] confirming the refund was processed.

Fast forward to this week, still no refund. Logging onto Plusnet I can see an internal message from a [CSA Removed] to [CSA Removed] flagging up that she can’t see that the refund had been processed.

BUT

No further action has been logged, no action has been taken to inform me of the failed refund. No further action is being taken to rectify the situation.

The payment I made was instantly taken from my credit card. Why is it so difficult for Plusnet to process the refund instantly back onto my credit card? They are now holding onto my money illegally.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA names removed as per Forum rules

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Where is my refund?!?

Hi there, 

I've just added a response to ticket 176351562 on your account regarding this. 

You should also see a response to the online complaint that you've raised soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jiasouthall

Dear Adam Walker
Thank you for your response confirming that the refund was made this morning.

Please would you provide evidence/proof of said refund eg by uploading a file of a screenshot of the refund as the two previous confirmations of refunds have both turned out to be false/lies, and my understanding from various conversations this morning both via phone and live chat is that there isn’t anyone from billings or accounts that actually works on weekends to be able to put through the refund, and the CD reps on weekends can’t actually process the refunds themselves.

Was the actual refund payment put through this morning, or just a messaged passed on for the accounts/billings team to pick up on Monday?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, I've added another response to ticket 176351562 for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team