cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I look to find out progress on house move?

FIXED
C-A-W
Grafter

Where can I look to find out progress on house move?

I've moved house and I have asked for my phone/broadband to be transferred to the new property and upgraded to fibre at the same time.

I phoned plusnet this morning (an hour to get through to the right person) to ask how the transfer was going, a week after it had been requested. The adviser told me that they had emailed earlier this morning to let me know the date booked for an engineer visit. I didn't receive this email, and all I can see are the open questions raised by plusnet from the day I requested the transfer (which are stopping me raising any new questions). At that point, there was no question mentioning the engineer appointment.

The adviser said something about the engineer visit being shown on a house move support ticket, or something like that. I've looked around and I can't see anything except the open questions. Am I being stupid - is there somewhere else I should be looking to find information on progress on my transfer?

11 REPLIES 11
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Where can I look to find out progress on house move?

Hi @C-A-W

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry for any confusion caused here.

The House move ticket is one of the open tickets that were created when you arranged your house move, I have attached a link to it here

This will contain details from the beginning to the completion of your move so everything is in one place for continuity. If you have questions relating to your move you can ask them through the ticket, or alternatively through the Community on this thread.

I hope this is helpful, let us know if you need any more assistance.

C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you! What happened was that five different questions (or tickets - why call them questions on the website if you are going to call them tickets elsewhere?) were opened by Plusnet on the same day at almost the same time. I opened them all and read them, but I didn't realise that only one of these was being added to with additional information, and there was no email to alert me when the additional information was added.

I am unimpressed with your communication on this. If you are going to open a house move ticket that I am supposed to be able to follow, why not call it that and draw my attention to it? How am I supposed to realise that one question, hidden in the middle of five open questions, is the important one? [The website tells me that I have six open questions but I can only view four which is even more confusing.] I replied to some of other shorter questions asking for them to be closed to try to make space for me to ask a new question, but I didn't realise I had to scroll down to the end of the longer one to find new information.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

I'm sorry to see you didn't get email notifications on the updates on the ticket, I'll make sure this feedback is passed on to the relevant people.

I'm not entirely sure why so many tickets were opened when setting up the house move, while there is generally 2/3 (One with order details/monitoring, one for discount confirmation and one for the contract/package confirmation) there certainly doesn't need to be as many open as there is. So I'll get some of those closed off for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you. I now only have two open questions/tickets which makes it much easier to follow.

I still think it would be helpful to give the tickets useful names - being told that I should look at the 'house move ticket' when there is nothing listed under that description on the website is unnecessarily confusing.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I now only have two open questions/tickets which makes it much easier to follow.

That's good to see. I can understand the confusion with an excessive amount of open tickets.

I still think it would be helpful to give the tickets useful names - being told that I should look at the 'house move ticket' when there is nothing listed under that description on the website is unnecessarily confusing.

Not a bad idea in my opinion, I'll certainly pass this on as feedback though I can't guarantee a change.

Let us know how the engineer visit goes next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
C-A-W
Grafter

I've just gone back to check the 'house move' ticket under open questions, to double check the details for the engineer's appointment next week, but it's disappeared and I've only got one open ticket, which isn't the one I wanted. I assume it's been closed? But that means me clicking through all the closed questions to try to find which one it was because stupidly I didn't think I needed to note down the number of that question. Why hasn't it stayed open until the house move has completed?

Edited to say - just checked my emails and discovered yes, it's been updated and closed. Why?

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @C-A-W,

I appreciate your query and apologise for any inconvenience about the closed ticket and the process you have had to follow.

I have enclosed the ticket you need here.

The previous ticket may have been closed to prevent any duplication or confusion.

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Thanks  - LF

C-A-W
Grafter

Hi - thank you for trying to help but that doesn't answer my question. That link is to a ticket giving the date of an engineers appointment. The ticket I was talking about was referred to earlier in this thread as the house move ticket, which I was told would stay open until the house move completed to keep information collated in one place.

This is what I was told in one of the posts earlier in this thread "This will contain details from the beginning to the completion of your move so everything is in one place for continuity. If you have questions relating to your move you can ask them through the ticket, or alternatively through the Community on this thread."

Why has it been closed?

The ticket I am talking about starts ....

"Dear Mr E***,

Thank you for contacting us and taking our service at your new address. The information below is what we will use to stay in contact with you and to place your order for the move of service and we will do all we can to make it as hassle free as possible. 

Please if you get a chance can you check and confirm the details below. If anything is incorrect please ensure you let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure everything is completed without problems. 

# HOUSE MOVE #

House: ****
Street: 
Town / City: A*
County: 
Postcode: *******  "

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @C-A-W,

Thank you for getting back to us and I apologise sincerely for any misunderstanding in relation to your previous query.

I have looked into this and have sent you a further response here.

Your orders are  up to date as per the advice you have been sent.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks - LF

C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you for sorting this out. I'm not surprised that you were confused about which ticket I was referring to - there have been so many different tickets opened that I'm confused myself.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @C-A-W,

No worries, I'm only glad it was all clarified in the end.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF.