Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the router arrive?

FIXED
C-A-W
Grafter

When will the router arrive?

I apologise for starting another thread in the forum, but I've asked on the open house move ticket and no reply, and I'm starting to worry because the timescale is so tight. I tried on the online chat but there are no advisers available (and never have been, every time I've tried it - is it ever active?)

I'm helping my dad move his internet (nb this username is connected to his account) and he's due to get an engineer's visit on Wednesday am, but I can't see any sign of a router being sent out. He and my mum are elderly and they are getting very anxious that the engineer is due but the router I'd told them to expect hasn't arrived yet. How can I find out when it will be dispatched? It needs to be sent out before the end of the day today (Monday) if it's going to be there for Wednesday.

They've already waited two weeks since I requested the move, so I don't understand why it hasn't gone out before now.

20 REPLIES 20
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: When will the router arrive?

Sorry to hear this.

I can confirm the router has been ordered and we'll get it there as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you.

So can I tell them it has been dispatched today and it will arrive tomorrow?

C-A-W
Grafter

I've just had a text saying 'Hi from Plusnet. Your router is in the post, it'll arrive in a few days'. So can I take it that it wasn't ordered until I started this thread?

Thank you for your help but I'm very upset - 'in a few days' is not good enough, it needs to be there tomorrow before the engineer's visit which Plusnet itself booked for the 19th December, so it's not as if it was a surprise to anyone.

C-A-W
Grafter

What happens if the router is not there at the engineer's visit? I can't be with my mum & dad on that day, so if there are any problems I need to warn them in advance so they don't worry. There is a BT socket but the line is not active, and I've been told that an engineer is needed to check the line before it can be activated, and to the best of my knowledge the line has never been used for any kind of broadband. Will the engineer be able to check that the fibre broadband is working if there is no router?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid it's not been dispatched yet but we will get it to them as soon as possible.

With regards to the engineer they do not need to visit the property as our suppliers have advised they can now activate the line remotely.

Once they receive the router they just need to follow the steps in the booklet to get online

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
C-A-W
Grafter

This is so confusing. So is the engineer visit definitely cancelled? Will I be officially notified of that?

When will the line be activated for phone calls? Does it have to wait to the 19th, or can it happen earlier? Has it happened already? 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

There will be no engineer visiting as the work can be done remotely.

Unfortunately it's not possible for us to speed the activation up

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you.

So the engineers home visit - which has been notified to me several times with the threat of a charge if nobody is in - has been cancelled without notification.

And the router which was supposed to arrive in good time before the activation date has been ordered but with no guarantee that it will arrive before the activation date.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @C-A-W sorry for the issues that have occurred.

Your router should arrive in time for activation. However, if this does not arrive before or on your activation date, we will be happy to issue a downtime refund.

C-A-W
Grafter

The router was finally dispatched on 19 December which was the activation date, so it did not arrive on or before the activation date.

However, I have now discovered that even though this was a house move and Plusnet had been informed that the moving out date was 3 December, and the original line had been deactivated on that date, the router was sent to the old address instead of the new address. I received an email to say that the address details had been updated to the new address on 20 December - which was the day after the activation date and the day after the router had been dispatched.

So now I know where the router is, but it is not at the correct address and with Christmas coming up, I have no way of getting it to the correct address until the end of this week.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @C-A-W 

I'm very sorry to hear that the router went to an incorrect address. 

Given the time of year, it would still most likely be quicker for you to pick this up (as you know where the router is) over us sending out a new one. 

We will, of course, provide you with a credit for the downtime which you suffer due to this. 

Please accept my apologies again. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you. Yes, the last thing I want is for you to send out another router, so please don't do that.

The broadband should have been live on 19 December. I will not be able to arrange to take the router to the correct address and install it until 31 December. I would like to request a two week credit.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

@C-A-W - that is a perfectly acceptably request, and one which I am happy to action once your service is up and running. 

Please let us know once you are able to claim the router and we will get this sorted for you. 

Thanks

MoR

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@C-A-W - thanks for you PM.

I've sent a ticket to your account - click here to view it. 

Could you reply to the ticket please? Also, give me a shout on here once you have done so? 

Thanks, 

MoR