Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my upgrade to fibre happen?

FIXED
Bill_Boddy
Hooked

When will my upgrade to fibre happen?

On January 5th I changed my account to fibre broadband, this resulted in my receiving an email saying that the changeover would be on January 11th. It is currently January 20th January and nothing has happened. The router that I paid for has not arrived and there have been no messages about when this will happen. I have, of course, been told that the increased charge will be collected.

I have tried to use the electronic system help but it tells me that my browser is blocking communication despite my having turned it off on this site.

"

We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:   • Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre   • Phone package: Plusnet Anytime International 300 with Mobile   • Hardware: Plusnet wireless router This will change over on 12th January 2018 and your new cost per month will be £44.98.

"

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: When will my upgrade to fibre happen?

Your account changes to Fibre on your monthly subscription date but the date of the actual upgrade will depend on BT engineer availability to make the change a the cabinet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Check in the adsl checker.
It will give you a date on the middle of the page.
Input landline number

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker
Excellent!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @Bill_Boddy

It looks like your fibre upgrade has been delayed to the 30th January due to engineer availability in your area. We'll make sure your new router arrives before your order completes.

As for the billing of your account, you haven't been charged for fibre broadband and won't be charged until your account type is changed to fibre on the 30th.

I hope this helps clarify things. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet