cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my contract and router arrive ?

Samanthag2008

When will my contract and router arrive ?

Hello

Set up a new contract and router to arrive today 28/8

But haven't heard anything and the router hasn't arrived yet, no updates on my account either and no updates to billing either

Please help just looking for some information
5 REPLIES 5
Samanthag2008

Re: When will my contract and router arrive ?

Just got a text saying router is in the post and will take a few days

We ordered it on Monday, why is it just been dispatched now?

Just seems like they dispatched it today after asking for an order update on the phone
Samanthag2008

Do now set up date is 4th of September and router dispatched today

So basically you guys didn't do anything when we first ordered it and because I called to check my order which was meant to be set up today and ready is now being set up on the 4th of September, can I please have the upgrade set up today like you first said you would have on the 28th please?

Not a good start plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

If this is an upgrade from ADSL to Fibre then the date will depend on the availability of Openreach engineers to make the change in the local cabinet. The original estimated date often gets pushed back due to engineer availability. The main problem is that the Openreach/Plusnet systems interaction often doesn't notify customers of the date change automatically.

Routers are posted to arrive a day or two in advance of the committed date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Samanthag2008

Yeah i just got hold of then on the phone and it seems you are correct on this matter

They explained to me why and the router has now been posted and the upgrade will happen on the 4th of September which is now the committed date

Im just hoping it happens on the 4th and isn't pushed back again

Thank you
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

It doesn't usually get pushed back a 2nd time unless Openreach have unexpected  problems due to adverse weather etc and declare MBORC (matters beyond our reasonable control) in your area.

The problem is that the first date obtained when placing the order is really an estimated one given ORs normal availability, but this isn't clear to the customer. Once the order has got a committed date, which it sounds like your 4th Sept is, then that usually adhered to.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.