cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my connection be activated?

twheels
Dabbler

Re: When will my connection be activated?

@Gandalf

I'm really sorry but now this is just terrible service. Surely on Friday you knew it's likely that team wasn't working this weekend? Could you not have advised that? Yes, it would have been disappointing to hear, but at least it's useful info.

You're now the cause of my frustration.

Don't say 24-48hrs when it's probably not true. Give your customer a valid timeframe to work with. I've been given different 'likely' activation times every time of asking.

The goalposts move every single time.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @twheels

I understand the frustration however I've simply passed on information I've received from our suppliers. The response times we're provided are always estimated due to the nature of our suppliers work.

However I've decided to chase this up with our suppliers helpdesk now to see if anything further can be done and the adviser's escalated this to their team leader who's advised that the order should complete today before midnight.

To set expectations, again this is estimated but we'll chase this up tomorrow if your order's not completed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twheels
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Please get chasing as it's still not active and I'm back off into work.

Genuinely appalling.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @twheels 

I'm sorry to see your order's not completed. I've chased this with Openreach, discussing with one of their team supervisors and I've been advised that the order's stuck with their records team to update the records so the order can complete.

The supervisor's submitted a formwize to escalate this with that team and we're to expect the order to complete before midnight tonight however this is estimated but we'll be sure to chase this up as soon as we can if that doesn't happen.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twheels
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Why is this taking so long? Where does the fault lie? Are Openreach mugging me off, or are Plusnet not doing all they can?

The line works. Hook me up. I've paid, and I've waited more than long enough.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @twheels 

I'm sorry to see you feel that way. I can assure you that we're doing all we can however that doesn't automatically mean the alternative you've suggested. An order interacts with multiple supplier systems in various stages called activities, and the final manual activity before the order completes automatically is "line plant records" which is the responsibility of a particular team and this is escalated to that team. If there was more we could do I'd gladly do that. 

Thanks for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chinadavester83
Hooked

@twheels 

Can I ask whether your broadband got activated in the end? I've been waiting one week for activation due to 'problems with the supplier', so it would be good to know if I can expect it to (eventually) get sorted out or whether it's a complete lost cause.

chinadavester83
Hooked

Update: have finally got a call to be told that the supplier issue is that, several days after it was supposed to be activated, the fibre connection I paid for turned out to not actually be available. I've signed up with the non-fibre option offered since I'm assuming that will come quicker than changing supplier entirely at this point... this may be an assumption I come to regret.