cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my broadband become live

Beckyw

When will my broadband become live

I got a email today saying my home phone service is ready to use, when will my broadband become live?
9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: When will my broadband become live

Usually by the end of the following day, @Beckyw . You should receive a further email advising of the date. Welcome to the forums, BTW.

John
Beckyw

What should I do if I don’t get an email tomorrow and my internet is not active? I’ve been waiting 2 months next week to become online
jab1
Legend

I should have asked - are you actually going to be an ADSL or Fibre customer? If it is Fibre, it will actually depend on Openreach engineer availability as they need to physically connect you in the street cabinet. If it is ADSL, post back, and someone will advise you what to do.

John
Beckyw

It’s ADSL an engineer has been out today to connect it underground as there was no spares on the pol, shortly after I got a email saying my home phone service is ready to use but when I connect my router the internet light is red but everything else is green
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend

@Beckyw OK, so as I said, you should receive a further email once the broadband service becomes live - it can take up to midnight for all the bits of the network to connect up.

What is the current situation?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Becky, welcome firstly to our community forums.

From what I can see your broadband order completed yesterday afternoon however our systems were a tad slow in activating your account, so that happened shortly after midnight last night and I can see you're up and running now.

Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Thanks @Gandalf - hopefully we have another satisfied customer.Smiley

John
Beckyw

Yes all sorted now 5 past 12 last night it became active very pleased with how fast everything happened once I made my complaint, that was only because I wasn’t online for 2 months and used a lot of 4G. Hopefully will have no more problems thank you