cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will fibre go live?

grickards
Hooked

When will fibre go live?

received my router and my phone line is live yet I can not see on my account or had any notification of my fibre going live. my account page is like amaze of useless information
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: When will fibre go live?

Hi there,

It looks like since making this post we've sent you an email and text message advising we've placed your fibre order. I am happy to confirm now that it has been accepted by our suppliers and it should activate on the 10th July.

It should go live at any point up to midnight.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grickards
Hooked

so when made my original application (14th june) and was told it would be love within 10 day that was wrong information by yourselves and then when i spoke with you this morning (28th june) and the member of your team told me id be up and running within 5 days that was also false information as another 12 days has also been added now to get me to the 10 July yet I've paid my first month upfront for a service you are not providing

is this acceptable from a big company like yourselves
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

When you initially signed up, we had to wait for your direct debit instruction to activate before placing any orders. While it can take up to 10 working days for a direct debit instruction to activate (Which would bring us to today, from the 14th) I see we managed to get the order to restart your phone line sooner.

Following your phone line restarting (Which can take 1-2 working days usually) we had to wait for fibre records to update on our suppliers systems before placing your fibre order, which can take a further 24-48 hours.

Looking at the notes on your account, this morning we advised that your fibre order had been placed and we should be able to confirm a committed date within 24 hours.

While the minimum lead time for a fibre order is 5 working days, I'm afraid this is dependant on engineer availability, however we'd always place fibre orders for completion as soon as possible (Unless for some reason the customer had requested otherwise)

On this occasion, I'm afraid the time further than the minim 5 working days is down to engineer availability.

I do sincerely apologise if this is different to what you've been advised when contacting us for updates previously and will make sure this is reviewed and feedback/training given where appropriate.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet