cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I receive my router?

sophiecw1990
Dabbler

When will I receive my router?

My existing connection with Utility Warehouse comes to an end on 20th November. I have tried emailing but I got an email back saying you don't pick up emails... is there a better address I can send an email to? I'd really rather not phone because I find talking on the phone really difficult and I don't have Twitter, which seems to be the only option for online contact. How do I get in touch to find out when my router is coming? Any help appreciated. 

15 REPLIES 15
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: When will I receive my router?

When is your service due to go live? The router will typically be dispatched a few days ahead of this. You're sent an email when it's dispatched.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sophiecw1990
Dabbler

All I have under "manage account" is: "Your order is currently being processed". It does not tell me a date. Nothing has changed in that section since October 21st when I signed up, as far as I can tell. 

On the 26th I received an email (ref: 207508904) saying that there was a problem and that this would be investigated. The email did not specify what the problem was and I have heard nothing since. 

I really can't afford to be without internet, I need answers about this. I actually did try phoning but there was an automated message saying the centre is closed. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@sophiecw1990 - seems the orders have failed for one reason or another. Somebody at our side will need to pick this up and probably progress things manually. I suspect it's going to mean a further delay of at least 1-2 weeks Sad

It's not really my area of expertise, so I'll see if I can give somebody a nudge for you next week.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

sophiecw1990
Dabbler

So nothing whatsoever has been done by anyone since the 26th October? Why did no one simply tell me that I needed to take action on this? What would have happened if I hasn't got in touch today, nothing? 

1-2 weeks is not an acceptable timeframe as  I said, as  I cannot afford to not have an internet connection. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

My existing connection with Utility Warehouse comes to an end on 20th November

Did you cancel with Utility Warehouse or just request the transfer by applying to PlusNet ?

If you cancelled, then it's possible that UW have put a cease on the line which will prevent any other ISP placing a transfer order until the cease completes.

If you just applied for a transfer , then your UW connection should continue , since the PlusNet transfer order appears to have failed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sophiecw1990
Dabbler

I did not cancel with Utility Warehouse, they called me to tell me that it had been cancelled.
I signed up for it to be switched by Plus Net.
Why has the Plus Net order failed and when will this be corrected? It must be corrected by Friday. I cannot have supply interrupted.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

Why has the Plus Net order failed and when will this be corrected?

I'm just a customer, like yourself and so have no access to your account. I was outlining above what MIGHT have gone wrong. Unless you call Customer Services, we will have to wait for Bob's nudge to a staff member to determine the reason for the order failure

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sophiecw1990
Dabbler

FYI I called this morning and this has now been raised for attention and I have been given a date of the 30th. Having spoken to someone this morning I am now less worried about losing service between providers. Thanks for your help anyway..
I just wish that someone had communicated to me on the 26th of October that this was a problem I was going to have to chase up to resolve, I would have dealt with it the same day if I had known.
I thought that this was being dealt with in the background when in fact everyone was sitting on their hands doing nothing. So much time wasted and so much stress caused for no reason.
sophiecw1990
Dabbler

So the date was changed to the 30th (Monday) and still no router has arrived... 

I suppose I will have to set aside an hour while I'm at work tomorrow and make another phone call. 

Total absence of any communication at any point in this process. 

The whole reason I chose this company was because it apparently has a good reputation for customer service. I am mystified as to how this was ever achieved. 

sophiecw1990
Dabbler

FAO Plusnet staff, I have now terminated the switch. Please do not apply for it again, I will be staying with Utility Warehouse. I'm not going to make yet another long phone call just to say that.
UW advise me that the order had been placed incorrectly by yourselves and that was why it was stuck in the BT Openreach system, and why they never received confirmation of an end date. Fortunately I will therefore continue to receive phone and internet service.
I know you were going to chase it today, but you were only going to do that because I chased you. I have had to chase you at every point.
If you wanted my business you should have actually done something in the last 11 days since I last received communication from you, or better yet, during the original three week period where you just sat on the failed order and did nothing with it.
Shout-out to Chuky today in your order team who was very helpful and provided me with a lot of information. He also confirmed that I would not have to pay anything and get a refund as the service hadn't gone live yet.
It's unfortunate that you lost a customer before we even started.
sophiecw1990
Dabbler

Oh great, I got this through:

Dear ---

I called but had to leave a message,

I was calling to advise that I have had an update from our suppliers and they have confirmed that your orders are due to complete by midnight on 30/11/2020. We will check to make sure it is doen on 01/12/2020 but you will receive and email and text when the orders are live.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Now all of a sudden you actually want me as a customer? Even though I cancelled?
Absolute shambles...

Another two hours on the phone tomorrow then.

Just great.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

sophiecw1990
Dabbler

Oh and by the way I still don't have a router! So how on earth am I supposed to connect on Monday when you probably won't even post anything out until then now that it's the weekend?

If this wasn't so stressful and threatening my livelihood it would be hilarious!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Disappointing to read how this has panned out Sad

I can assure you with a fair degree of confidence that the orders were placed correctly.

Alas, the second attempt has also entered delay, and the associated broadband order cancelled citing an issue out in the Wholesale network. Again, this is why the router wasn't dispatched (it doesn't get sent until there's full confirmation of the activation date).

I can only apologise for the poor communication throughout the process. Seems our exception handling for this sort of issue is lacking.

Anyway, I've requested that somebody cast an eye over your account and look to ensure that any pending orders are stopped from progressing any further. 

Sorry to have let you down.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team