cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When my cabinet goes live, will plusnet offer fibre straight away?

dfects
Grafter

When my cabinet goes live, will plusnet offer fibre straight away?

Hiya,

I'm currently on ADSL with plusnet but hopefully fibre will be available in the next couple of months (new cabinet has just been installed but probably not wired up).

I'm just wondering if plusnet will be able to provide us fibre at the same time that BT would? Its my understanding that they share equipment at the exchange (Oakengates, already fibre enabled) so I'm hoping this is the case.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: When my cabinet goes live, will plusnet offer fibre straight away?

yes, once it's available PN will be able to offer you fibre.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

We should be able to provide it the same time BT are able to provide it. Openreach would not be able to give any particular provider preferential treatment as it would break Ofcom regulations.

I've just gone through the same experience as my cabinet has been upgraded to fibre recently.

The best advice I can give (Exactly what I was doing) was regularly checking http://dslchecker.bt.com and once FTTC shows as available, you'll be able to get an order placed.

For my line, I checked last week on Thursday and it was just showing ADSL, however on Friday FTTC showed as available and I was able to arrange an upgrade to fibre Cheesy

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dfects
Grafter

I've been checking that site and http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx every day for hmm maybe 3 months lol the site I linked above says 3-4 months to connect power etc. and I can see there is a new cabinet about 20 metres away. Today they've replaced our old (super rusty small) cabinet with a new one twice the size!

Hoping its not too much longer. We get 6 megabit at the moment, 10 times slower than virgin media at our last house!

Thanks for your help Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I know the feeling. I'd been checking mine semi-regularly for a long time and then I noticed on roadworks.org that BT were due to be carrying out for to "provide/renew/move a fibre PCP" at which point I started checking pretty much daily/every other day. My line also had/has estimates of around 4-6Mbps.

From the day my cab got changed from an old super rusty small cab (Along with the addition of the fibre cab next to it) it took around maybe 8 weeks (I think?). This isn't to say yours will be any sooner or longer to get activated, following the build though.

Hang in there though Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dfects
Grafter

Ha, strange, i did the same yesterday after I noticed temp traffic lights by my cabinet.

"Erect/Renew 1 PCP cabinet and base (600mm x 300mm x 1000mm),Install 4m of 4 poly ducts in Verge"

Waiting (im)patiently now for further changes Smiley