cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Does my broadband go live?

gavnav

When Does my broadband go live?

I am a new customer... My phone line has switched over today as per date given but broadband not yet working. How do I find out when this will be activated?
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: When Does my broadband go live?

Welcome to the forums.

Have a look on the BT Wholesale checker at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome . After entering your phone number, the results page will indicate in the right hard column if they is an open order and the date it is expected to be completed.

Broadband can be completed anytime up to Midnight on the switch over day.

Hopefully a staff member will see this thread and also check it out for you.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Moved from 'general chat' to 'My Order'
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gavnav

Thanks for that info. Logged into BT checker and just a load of numbers about upline and down line speed and nothing in top right corner. I'll leave it until midnight before panicking!😜2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@gavnav

Sorry the Open Order Detail maybe in the text below the results box. I maybe confusing myself with something else. (not hard as my family would say Smiley )

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @gavnav,

I'm sorry to hear that your connection is up and running yet. I've taken a look into your account today and upon testing your line, I can see that the issue appears to be with the authentication settings within the router. As this the case, we'll need you to log into the router settings page and edit these settings so that you are able to establish a connection.

To do this, please follow these steps:

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar and type in 192.168.1.254 or alternatively, you can click here. (Please note, you will need to be connected to the Plusnet Router to connect to the settings page and this can be done either by connecting a laptop or computer with an Ethernet cable or through Wi-Fi.)

2) When you connect, you will see an option listed as 'Broadband Username' followed by an option to the right labeled 'Change' which you will need to click on.

3) You will now be prompted for a 'Router Password' which is listed both on the back of the router and on the card that came with the router.

4) You will now be asked to input your username and password from ourselves, if it does not allow you to change your username and password, please press 'Disconnect' first. Your username is username@plusdsl.net and your account password is the same as what you would use to log into the members centre. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.

Please let us know how this goes and if you are experiencing any further issues and we will be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team