cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happening with my 26/9/18 Phone & Broadband order?

FIXED
shaunoreilly
Hooked

What's happening with my 26/9/18 Phone & Broadband order?

Hi,

I am seriously unimpressed and questioning the wisdom of moving to Plusnet if recent experiences of Plusnet 'customer service' are anything to go by...

I ordered a switch from Sky to Plusnet online on the 26/9/18 and paid everything upfront. I got an email confirmation of the order on the day and created an online account with Plusnet. Since then, I've heard NOTHING. In my online Plusnet account, the status is stuck at 'Checking your line' - AFTER 9 days??? I've contacted Sky today and they've confirmed that Plusnet have not yet even requested the line takeover yet. 

I tried to use live chat to discuss the issue - 'No agents are available'. I tried the 'customer service' line and the recorded messages says that due to 'Emergency Conditions' no calls are being accepted today.

Simply. What is happening with my order and when can expect to receive the broadband and phone service from Plusnet that I've already paid in advance for?

Shaun

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: What's happening with my 26/9/18 Phone & Broadband order?

Moderators Note.
Post released from Spam filter
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @shaunoreilly,

I am sincerely sorry for the trouble you have experienced in getting through.  I have looked into this for you and responded here via the account.

Once we have a committed date for your order we will update your ticket further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
shaunoreilly
Hooked

I received an email from Plusnet today, 17/10/18, saying that...

"There's been a problem with processing your broadband order."

Er... what?

I'm due to go live on broadband and phone on the 19/10/18, i.e. this Friday despite placing my original order and paying for it in full on the 26/9/18.

What is happening with my order? When will I receive my broadband service?

Shaun

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Fix

Hi Shaun,

I'm sorry for any confusion that may have been caused with the email you've received.

I have left a ticket on the account following our conversation over the phone. You can view this here

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Aisha

shaunoreilly
Hooked

My phone and broadband were supposed to go live with Plusnet today following a transfer from Sky.

My phone line has been dead all day and I get the error message of "The number you have called is not recognised. Please check the number and dial again" whenever I call my landline number

I was assured by @AishaK in a telephone call to my landline yesterday (when it was working fine with Sky) that my phone and broadband would be successfully transferred today. Are my broadband and phone still going to completed today?

Thanks

Shaun
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @shaunoreilly

I have responded to your query and updated your ticket, you can view this by Clicking Here

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

- Wakas

shaunoreilly
Hooked

Just to update the thread...

Thankfully, my broadband did go live on the 19/10/18, albeit later in the evening. The phone and broadband are up and running now so thank you for your help all.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @shaunoreilly,

Thanks for getting back to us about your order, it's great to receive your feedback.

If you require any further assistance, do please come back to us.

Thanks.