cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happening to Plusnet and my order ?

FIXED
mushy1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

What's happening to Plusnet and my order ?

Placed an order for phone and fibre broadband on Monday 27/11/17, got confirmed swapover date and money taken from bank on 28/11/17.

Early this morning I had an email saying it has been cancelled but no reason given or by whome ?

Tried ringing up sales / customer services and the phones just loop round in circles which incidently happened when i contacted sales before placing order, cant contact you through chat lines as that is unavailable as well.

What is happening to my account / order ?

What has happened to customer service ?

Steve

18 REPLIES 18
mushy1
Dabbler

Re: What's happening to Plusnet and my order ?

Eventually got through via online chat and hopefully sorted out the problem, something to do with phone and broadband with different ID's even though they are both with same supplier. This has delayed the changover date though which I'm not to happy about but hopefully everything sorted out.

Hopefully some one will pick up on thr phone service looping around in circles and going no where unless its on purpose when things get busy.

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Steve.

Apologies for the problems you're experiencing with your order.

It looks like the order we've re-submitted to our suppliers isn't progressing as we'd expect, so I've raised this with our provisioning team to further investigate. They'll be in touch when we've got more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mushy1
Dabbler

So my order got pushed back from 11th Dec to 15th as the order had not gone through (seems to be a re-occurring problem) and was resubmitted.

The 15th came and went yesterday with nothing happening, still with BT, no router, no transfer and no phone call, text or email to let me know it wouldn't be happening. Even though this is now outside the 14 day cooling off period I expect I can still cancel since I have NOT received any service or the router been ordered and get a full refund of any monies that Plusnet have already taken.

How hard can it be to transfer a fully working line from BT to PlusNet both being one and the same company, nothing is changing as its a straight swap from fibre to fibre connection.

What is actually involved in taking over a fully working line ?

Steve

mushy1
Dabbler

Eventually get through on the chat line, apparently another problem with the order stuck in the system so they contacted the suppliers and raised a bridge case with a further update on the 22nd, this I did not find to be acceptable with waiting another week just for an update and no end transfer day in sight.

Oder cancelled and looking for a new ISP and waiting for refund, thought it better get out now before any service was supplied than have endless trouble further down the line.

Is it just me or is there any kind of conspiracy theory that BT/PlusNet having problems on purpose to make Plusnet look bad and push people back towards the parent company BT ?

I used to think plusnet (as an ex subscriber) was half decent but they have certainly gone downhill from what I remember.

mushy1
Dabbler

Just when I thought it was finished.....

I was told that I would have email confirmation of my order being cancelled and any hold on the line would be removed within 60 minutes of this mornings chat with D***, neither of these has happened as I have had no email confirmation of my cancelled order and still a query on the line and preventing anyone else taking it over.

Why make simple things harder than they need to be.......

mushy1
Dabbler

Since my account and order was cancelled on saturday morning and refund being issued i can no longer access to tickets to check what is going on, fair enough since i was no longer going to be a customer but .....

This morning i have had an email and text stating my phone service is ready, not sure how or why ?

What bit of my account i can access just to edit my contact details it shows I'm on "unlimited fibre (without phone)"

Can't get through on the phone, chatlines not working, can someone from support sort this mess out and let me know what is happening ?

Edit - just had notification that my BT services has stopped

mushy1
Dabbler

Update - After going round in circles it does seem as though I no longer have any services with BT but Plusnet has taken over the phone line, the broadband is still in the process of being taken over so waiting to see how long before i get that back.

Although I now have phone line services with Plusnet my members account had been closed so in the process of trying to get that re-opened so i can have access to tickets etc.

I hope that re-opening the account and Plusnet taking over the services I will be put back on the original package that i signed up for or be allowed to leave without penalty since taking over my services after i had already cancelled the order.

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Steve.

It looks like we tried to cancel your phone order but it was unfortunately past point of no return in our suppliers systems and it completed today, and your fibre order is still in a delayed state which our suppliers are investigating.

Are you wanting to stay with us? Also, have you received a router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mushy1
Dabbler

First of all I need to get the broadband back up and running and in a working state before I decide if i'm going to stay. I need to know when the broadband is going to be sorted out ? It does look like my account is now restored so do have access to that again.

No i didn't get a router and please don't send one out yet (save me sending it back if i dont stay) until everything is sorted and until after i have decided whether to stay or not, all depends on when the broadband is sorted and what package i am put back on and any charges / refunds for loss of service etc. I assume i will still be able to leave without penalty since the line was taken over after I had cancelled ?

I find it hard to believe and don't understand why a simple transfer of a working line like for like can lose the broadband element but yet keeep the phone line. Since it was a like for like transfer I didin't think there was a lot of intervention or changing needed but maybe some one on here can enlighten me and let me know what is involved ?

BTW i have no means of replying or checking tickets etc since I have no broadband other than when i happen to drop into work so cant always respond to quickly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

First of all I need to get the broadband back up and running and in a working state before I decide if i'm going to stay. I need to know when the broadband is going to be sorted out ?

Our suppliers are investigating and we should know more by the 22nd.

No i didn't get a router and please don't send one out yet (save me sending it back if i dont stay) until everything is sorted and until after i have decided whether to stay or not, all depends on when the broadband is sorted and what package i am put back on and any charges / refunds for loss of service etc. I assume i will still be able to leave without penalty since the line was taken over after I had cancelled ?

The package you're on would be the same as the one you signed up too initially.

When this is resolved, I'll make sure you aren't paying for a service you haven't had.

When your account is activated, I'll also make sure that your contract is written off, which means that there won't be any cancellation fees should you decide to leave us.

I find it hard to believe and don't understand why a simple transfer of a working line like for like can lose the broadband element but yet keeep the phone line. Since it was a like for like transfer I didin't think there was a lot of intervention or changing needed but maybe some one on here can enlighten me and let me know what is involved ?

Sadly, your broadband order is stuck within our supplier systems. An order progresses through various systems on both the Openreach and BT Wholesale systems. Somewhere along the process, the order has become stuck.

Our suppliers have raised this to the relevant team to investigate and we'll let you know when we've got more info.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mushy1
Dabbler

Update from yesterday

Had email notification that a router is being sent out after asking for one NOT to be sent out yet in previous post.

Been sent another invoice and account blocked again but no one could tell me what it was for after given the run around and another hour wasted on the phone, eventually the invoice was recinded. Apparantly it was from the automated system.

Was advised broadband connection would be escalated and get an answer by 2pm Wed

Todays update

Apparantly the direct debit has failed but no reason given why and gave up on the wizard trying to raise a ticket for it after more wasted time on the phone not getting through.

No update at 2pm as advised, after another hour or so wasted time on phone / webchat todays update is we will update you tomorrow.

Like i said in previous posts i am struggling to keep up with tickets or posts on here with not having any broadband connection so will post / update details as and when i can in the event of me being in the office at work.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Had email notification that a router is being sent out after asking for one NOT to be sent out yet in previous post.

Sorry about that. It looks like I was in auto-pilot mode and I ordered the router. Sad

Been sent another invoice and account blocked again but no one could tell me what it was for after given the run around and another hour wasted on the phone, eventually the invoice was recinded.

Yeah I'm not too sure why the invoice was generated, but I credited it off.

Was advised broadband connection would be escalated and get an answer by 2pm Wed

Our suppliers advised us to check back today.

Apparantly the direct debit has failed but no reason given why and gave up on the wizard trying to raise a ticket for it after more wasted time on the phone not getting through.

I'd re-submit the direct debit online here: https://www.plus.net/apps/paymentdetails/manage/

No update at 2pm as advised, after another hour or so wasted time on phone / webchat todays update is we will update you tomorrow.

Apologies for the delay, we've just been passing information on to you as we've received it from our suppliers.

As your order isn't complete yet and we've been given no pro-active updates I've chased this up now. Our suppliers have advised that the order is still stuck in the Openreach applications. This has been escalated in several ways and we've been advised to check back within the next 24-48 hours so I'll follow up tomorrow.

Like i said in previous posts i am struggling to keep up with tickets or posts on here with not having any broadband connection so will post / update details as and when i can in the event of me being in the office at work.

I'll give you a ring soon. If I can't get through I'll put as much info as I can into a text message.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mushy1
Dabbler

27/11/17 Placed order, money taken
28/11/17 Given date of transfer as 11th Dec
01/12/17 Got cancellation message, apparently orders did not match suppliers systems, New simultanious order placed for both phone and broadband, given new date of transfer 15th Dec 17
05/12/17 Resubmitted order isn't progressing as expected, raised with provisioning team to investigate
15/12/17 Transfer day, nothing happens, nor router, no transfer, no messages, no phone call, no email, nothing as to why nothing happened.
16/12/17 Contacted plusnet on webchat after failing on phone, apparantly another stuck order and advised a bridge case was being raised and would update me on 22nd, didn't find this acceptable so cancelled order.
18/12/17 Was emailed to say PN Phone service now available even though I had cancelled the order, apparantly cancellation was too late to stop order even though PN are a communication company and now left me with no broadband
19/12/17 Advised phone service ready to use but no broadband and need to wait until 20th Dec for update, i requested do not to send router on forum which was acknowledged same day
20/12/17 Update, still under investigation further update on 21st,
21/12/17 Requested escalation and further update due on 22nd, gets notice router is ready for shipping after saying dont send one
22/12/17 Phone order completed however broadband order still pending as still stuck in system and trying to escalate order, further update after 2 business days so on hold until 28th
28/12/17 order still stuck and trying to escalate, further update due 29th
29/12/17 PN received response from suppliers and escalated, allow 2 working days, next update 4th jan
04/01/18 Update that suppliers are expecting the order to progress today so check back tomorrow, when questioned if that meant i would have broadband back the answer was possible but didnt happen, wasnt sure it meant it was just to progress the stuck order or to actually get connected and wasn't given any guarantee when i would be back online, anyway there was no connection by the end of the day
05/01/18 still waiting update

We have had no internet now for nearly 3 weeks since the 18th Dec despite saying a bridge being placed and would get us internet back in 5 days.

This means we had no internet all christmas and new year
no netflix
no catchup tv
no internet banking
no browsing
not being able to set up new devices

I was due to be ON Call all over Christmas and the New Year to monitor elderly and vunerable customers and their carers as I work for a health care company which had to be rearranged at last minute due being unable to work costing me a lot of money. Wife works from home several days a week so she is now having to travel to her office every day.

Now given up on Plusnet and now leaving.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm very sorry for the experience you've had.

I've checked our supplier systems and I can see your fibre order is showing as cancelled.

Likely as a result of the system issues they've had with it.

Coming in to replace the order, requesting it to be expedited because of the delays they've caused, we're not able to place a fresh order on your line as there appears to be an already open order which we can't see.

I'm contacting BT Wholesale now to further investigate this, and I'll post back soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet