cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening with my order?

oc

What is happening with my order?

My phone & broadband order was immediately confirmed and 10. October given as the date of the switch over from my old provider.

However, a day later I received:

"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them."

My response on the plusnet help assistant was left unanswered.

On 8. October I finally managed to get through on the phone (waiting only 20 minutes). They did not explain the problem but promised the phone for 10. October and the broadband for 16. October.

On 10. October my old provider stopped; since then phone and broadband are dead.

That day the plusnet help assistant added the message:

"Order delayed, please contact smc for update
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 11th October at 7:00am."

Who is smc?

The next morning the following was added:

"Question [ 183038685 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon."

So what is happening? When will I have phone and especially when will I have broadband?

4 REPLIES 4
SallyL
Dabbler

Re: What is happening with my order?

I waited for my fibre broadband order from the 28th October and still waiting.  I advise you to cancel and go elsewhere, the service is rubbish, I am off to BT asap.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi there,

I am sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you are currently experiencing.

I have left a ticket on your account regarding your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

oc

Some progress: since 16 October I have a phone connection. 

Rather weirdly on that very day at 22:12 I received an email from plusnet with the line:
"Your request to transfer [phonenumber] to Plusnet is due to happen on 12/10/2018."
Amazing how you can change the past in the future.
I want it to be clear that the phone started working on 16/10, not any time before.

However, I still haven't got any news on when I will have broadband. I have been without for more than a week!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Some progress: since 16 October I have a phone connection. 

Rather weirdly on that very day at 22:12 I received an email from plusnet with the line:
"Your request to transfer [phonenumber] to Plusnet is due to happen on 12/10/2018."
Amazing how you can change the past in the future.
I want it to be clear that the phone started working on 16/10, not any time before.

From what I can see you were sent that email because we received a notification from our suppliers on 16/10/18 at 21:45:01 advising the committed date is the 12/10/18 23:59:59.

We then received a notification at 21:46:29 that your phone order was complete, so it looks like the first notification was simply a delayed notification from Openreach. Apologies for the confusion caused.

However, I still haven't got any news on when I will have broadband. I have been without for more than a week!

Apologies for the delay in placing your broadband order. I've done that for you now and it should complete in 4 working days as that's the lead time our suppliers ask for when fulfilling standard broadband orders.

Based on that, your broadband service should go live on the 24th, but if there are any delays, we'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet