cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does 'Automation failure in our application' mean?

JonoVo2
Dabbler

Re: What does 'Automation failure in our application' mean?

There have been phone calls and the support log is there in all it's embarrassing glory listing all the suppliers supposed problems.

I need to know what I should do now because I can guarantee you tomorrow's response from Openreach will be 'We are working on it, check for updates in 3/5/14 days' (take your pick).

And so it goes on and on and on...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well @JonoVo2, if it is an OR problem then all I can suggest is that you put up with it until it's resolved. Probably not what you want to hear but the issue may well still exist with another supplier. Or you could set yourself a deadline that you (want) expect to have service by (maybe the end of the month), then if there is no service, or no guarantee of its imminent provision then take the plunge and move. It's your call I'm afraid.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

One wonders if a new line order (with number shift) might be a quicker resolution?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This is truly poor performance from BTw (or could it be BTOR) especially after they accepted the unacceptability of their performance. May be it's time to write direct to the CEO of each of BT, BTw and BTOR (copy Andy Baker CEO Plusnet) explaining what's happened and that in spite of sustained efforts from your supplier Plusnet, those responsible for managing the infrastructure have failed abysmally to deliver an acceptable level of service. Ask that they lend their influence to getting the data records cleansed so that your chosen ISP is able to deliver service as per contract. Try asking them direct for compensation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Really sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing.

We've had the latest update through today from our suppliers advising this is a common issue and has affected multiple orders. The date set for the issue to be fixed is the 8th of June but our suppliers High Level escalations team are trying to get this sped up and they've escalated it to their senior management. We should know more by Friday.

This is at the highest level it possibly can be but I understand the lack of progress is frustrating and I can assure you we're doing everything we can to get you up and running.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Townman wrote:
May be it's time to write direct to the CEO of each of BT, BTw and BTOR (copy Andy Baker CEO Plusnet) explaining what's happened and that in spite of sustained efforts from your supplier Plusnet, those responsible for managing the infrastructure have failed abysmally to deliver an acceptable level of service.

This case is already with the highest possible escalation team so sadly this would not improve your chances of a speedy resolution.

I'm really sorry this is taking so long, we will keep you in touch every step of the way.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
JonoVo2
Dabbler

I don't doubt you are doing everything possible, I really don't, and thank you for your efforts.

But I'm curious as to what this new common problem is?
I'm also curious as why none of these problems existed when I last ordered a fibre connection from my previous ISP?

The 8th June...another 15 more days!!
Seriously?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm awaiting further information on the exact cause but aside from that there isn't any further I can advise I'm afraid

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JonoVo2
Dabbler

PM sent @MatthewWheeler

Thanks

JonoVo2
Dabbler

Day 60 with no internet

Hello...anyone there?...It would be nice to have an update.

I thought day 60 since I was cut off was worth a post on its own but yesterday was the 'big fix' so it would be nice to be told something.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We're due a further update later on today.

As soon as I have it I'll update the thread.

Really sorry for the amount of time this has dragged on for

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JonoVo2
Dabbler

Forgive me if I don't get too excited.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've had the update today.

I'll be adding it to your ticket shortly.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JonoVo2
Dabbler

So on Monday 19th June 103 days after first placing the order and 69 days after being cut off by BT I have a working, stable fibre internet connection.

A couple of weeks ago Plusnet managed to get a standard non-fibre connection up and running into an annex adjacent to the main house which greatly reduced the pressure as it allowed my wife to work from home etc.

As I understand it Openreach eventually agreed to do a manual cleanse of the data and then to handhold the order through to the finish which lets face it they should have done about 50 days ago.

Many thanks to all the Plusnet staff for seeing this through to the end and putting up with my occasional rants especially @JonoH and @MatthewWheeler. Also a big thank you to @Townman for taking an interest and providing much background info.

Peace and serenity has once again descended over the household.

Now about arranging refunds for the downtime etc...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jono,

Really pleased to learn that you are now sorted. Indeed the final BT approach ought to have been the second approach - that is after the first bridge case failed to sort things, BT should have hand held this through the issues with their systems.