cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We've found a potential problem on your telephone line

patpreece10

We've found a potential problem on your telephone line

Hi, I placed an order with Plusnet on the 28th October for internet and phone line. I've checked my account and so far it has been stuck on "processing your order".

On further inspection it appears that a fault has been found on my line which is preventing my order from progressing. Is it possible to have an update on my order please

13 REPLIES 13
patpreece10

Re: We've found a potential problem on your telephone line

Apparently my internet connection was transfered over to Plusnet on 5 days ago. I havent recieved a router yet and my account states there is a problem with my line. How do I raise a ticket for this as I seem to of been forgotten about?

Also does anyone know when the "online chat" is operational for Plusnet? Every time I try the website says it's offline and to post onTwitter instead (I dont use Twitter)

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Live chat was discontinued a while ago I believe. It may quicker to call 0800 432 0200 to investigate what went wrong with your order 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @patpreece10 

I'm really sorry for the issues with your order. Having checked this I can see the activation of our services failed due to a supplier system issue. I've now replaced the order for an engineer to go out and reconnect things up.

We'll confirm the activation date within the next 24-48 hours. You should receive your new router within the next few days before you go live. Again please accept my sincere apologies for the downtime with your switch-over.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
patpreece10

thanks for your reply.

I've been without services for 6 days now already. Can you give me an approximate time for when I can expect to be online again? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @patpreece10

It should be around 7 working days depending on engineer availability, but we'll confirm this shortly

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
patpreece10

Over 2 weeks without internet in total then. Not the smoothest migration I've experienced.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @patpreece10 

Again I'm sorry for the experience you've had. We'll make sure you're back up and running as soon as we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
patpreece10

hello, I've now been told that an engineer will visit my property but not until the 27th November. I've also been informed that my home phone number which I've had since 1972 is going to be changed which I expressly DID NOT WANT. Please ensure my phone number stays the same. 

If this is not possible please cancel my order ASAP. The ineptitude of Plusnet is astounding.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I can see your landline number's currently in a quarantine period before being released back to the BT network in an available state, because the number was previously on a different network and is now ceased. Once your services are reconnected we should be able to renumber your line back.

Alternatively if you'd like to cancel your order you'll need to call us on 0800 013 2632.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
patpreece10

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means but pleased you've confirmed that I will be keeping my original number.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You'll have a temporary number to start off with but we'll try our best to change your number back after.

As with any renumber requests we can't provide a 100% guarantee but I don't foresee any issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
patpreece10

Hello, the engineer came to visit today. Can you please now re-instate my original landline number please.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've put that through now and you should have your number back on 30/11/20

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet