cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to upgrade to fibre

AlunWaterhouse

Wanting to upgrade to fibre

Hi,
I'm a new PlusNet user [2 months into a broadband contract] and saw a great offer to upgrade to fibre - went through the upgrade process and got an email stating

We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:

•     Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre

•     Phone package: Line Only

•     Contract: 18 months

•     Hardware: Plusnet wireless router
This will change over on 6th December 2018 and your new cost per month will be £26.99.

Not received anything since - and when I look at the "My orders" page, there's nothing listed?

If I then proceed to upgrade again, the total amount is now £34.98...What happened to my original order and the great price?

Regards

Alun

5 REPLIES 5
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Re: Wanting to upgrade to fibre

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not had any further updates regarding your order and also for any confusion that may have been caused regarding your monthly payment.

I have looked into this for you and updated you via a ticket on your account. You can view this here

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

AlunWaterhouse

Hi
Just checking but I've been without any broadband/fibre today. Should I now be connected?

I was told that my upgrade was "committed for 13.12.18 which means that this should definitely be complete by the 14th"
So will my connection appear tomorrow?

Regards

Alun
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @AlunWaterhouse,

I am sorry for the confusion over your order and thanks for getting back to us. It can take up to midnight on the date the order is committed for to complete.

I can see this is now complete and you need to manually set up the router using the guides here.

Please let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
AlunWaterhouse

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this issue and sorting it - I'm now connected.

I have to admit that the process hasn't been as straightforward as I had expected - the main issue was lack of communication - if I had received an email or text to say that my fibre should be working then any issues I had could have easily been rectified.

I assume that this was just a system glitch?

Thanks again

Alun

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for confirming that @AlunWaterhouse,

I am sorry for the lack of communication here, I'll feed that back for you. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help out with.