Did you mean: 

Waiting list farce for FTTC :)

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Waiting list farce for FTTC :)

@Jessimon wrote:

do you think that because it has 'acted' strangely so far it might cancel?

I don't think that.

@Jessimon wrote:

would you expect my order to be fulfilled on the 9th

@HarryB wrote:

at this point in time it all seems good to complete on 09/09/16.

@Jessimon wrote:

my supplier TalkTalk is switching service on the 6th according to an email they sent to me today...

3 days without BB or a date error?

Initially the phone order was requested for the earliest available date. As this is a simultaneous order (SIM2) the fibre order would reach a committed state before the phone order, which only happened earlier today. At around 8:44am a new proforma request was sent to the losing provider confirming the committed date to transfer the number and is currently awaiting a response.

As this only happened a few hours ago, I wouldn't have really expected a response from the losing provider yet, however once the phone order reaches a committed state following a response on the new proforma, I'd expect you to receive an updated migration date from your current provider.

@Jessimon wrote:
will I be placed on ADSL if Fibre is suddenly not possible?

Unfortunately not. If the fibre order fails, this should cause the phone order to fail also and would leave us back at square one. If you'd want to proceed with ADSL at this point, we'd happily replace the orders as ADSL orders and look to upgrade you to fibre at a later date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Jessimon
Grafter

Unfortunately not. If the fibre order fails, this should cause the phone order to fail also and would leave us back at square one. If you'd want to proceed with ADSL at this point, we'd happily replace the orders as ADSL orders and look to upgrade you to fibre at a later date.

Could my current services with TalkTalk be cancelled on the 9th if the Fibre order can't complete?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

They shouldn't. The service with your current provider should remain active until we take over. If one of the orders fail, both should fail and the service shouldn't be taken over.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
witchdoctor
Dabbler

Best of luck, Harry. I'm in the same situation. I've been waiting over a month to be connected..having heard nothing I drove to where my dongle had a signal and joined the dreaded queue until my credit ran out. I eventually got told the same as you and am trying to get Plusnet to contact me to arrange the downgrade to ADSL to at least give me some sort of connection.. Frustrated and disappointed is putting things mildly.. Be interested to learn if and when you have any progress.

Tony

Jessimon
Grafter

@witchdoctor

Correct me if i'm wrong, your situation is that cabinet capacity is full right? You're waiting for a 'slot' but so far haven't heard about any progress with your order? Plusnet have offered/you have asked about standard ADSL in the interim?

My order was for Fibre in the first instance, capacity issues have existed for some months here but Plusnet are the only ISP I could find operating orders on the waiting list (though Plusnet are split on opinion of if that's correct, but that's another can of worms).

My order was placed and a very short time later after having the usual offer of ADSL due to capacity, my order committed. A slot became free and the order has progressed with Openreach. My current supplier has agreed to takeover of the line from ADSL to Fibre.

Now, I'll find out on the 09/09/16 if the order will go through, Plusnet assure me that a slot is mine and everything is committed with Openreach at this point, so I'm lucky AFAIK.

I hope you get your sorted soon, have you been confirmed as being on a waiting list? My experience leaves me unsure if it is still an option with Plusnet. @HarryB and Provisioning are not able to give a definitive answer, kinda worrying/frustrating if you're on the capacity issue area side of things.

witchdoctor
Dabbler

Hmnnn.  At least you appear to be making some progress..The answer to your questions about my situation is in the affirmative.

The last contact I had, asked if I'd accept a downgrade to ADSL with the option of awaiting a fibre cabinet connection at some indeterminate time in the dim and distant, which I am prepared to do but have yet to have confirmation of such a deal.. Given how long Plusnet have been dangling me with this, it wouldn't hurt, if only as a PR exercise, to contact me directly with the current sitrep, given that their extensive advertising leans heavily on the 'friendly service' aspect of the company.

It seems to me to be a hope for the best attitude on their part and to paraphrase; I doubt Plusnet could arrange a drinking session at a beer festival.

I'll monitor this conversation and any further comments with interest.

Tony