cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting list farce for FTTC :)

Jessimon
Grafter

Waiting list farce for FTTC :)

I'm dying to place an order with Plusnet for Fibre but FTTC in my area is over capacity. I'm helpfully informed that Openreach operate a waiting list and will facilitate orders in turn as a slot becomes available (this is in place until cabinet changes are made).

I'm currently on ADSL with TalkTalk (they promised fibre but that's going off topic).

If I change over to Plusnet I would like to be sure that I'm on the little known about waiting list. The sales team at Plusnet, to be blunt, is lacking in this area, no knowledge of the system exists. How on earth do I take a leap and find out if I'm on the list without tying into a contact for ADSL? (Not that I dislike Plusnet ADSL but it's pointless considering I get ADSL FOC at the moment with TalkTalk, albeit with no waiting list operated on their end).

If somebody could please be kind enough to tell me which service to order (Via phone or Online?) and if I need to follow up the order with telephone calls to inquire about the waiting list?

Perhaps it would be best to order a new line? That way I could safely retain my TalkTalk line if Plusnet are not capable of sorting the waiting list problem?

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
Maggieandian

Re: Waiting list farce for FTTC :)

Don't leap yet.  

I did, falling for the blurb that fibre was in my area and everybody was ready to sell.  However I only got told about socket availability by Plusnet the day after I was supposed to be live. Obviously not something they check before taking my order.  A month later, nearly all of it with no internet access only apologies, I only have ADSL still.  

The waiting list doesn't sound like a real waiting list either, when I asked where I was on the list they replied. "It's not that kind of a list". I have no idea and no promises as to when I'm getting fibre. Sounds the same for you.

Ian

geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Hi there,

Your'e correct openreach do operate a waiting list system if you placed an order with plusnet you would be put on the list automatically and you're order will be fulfilled when space is available. If this is something your concerned about you can always contact Plusnet after the order is placed and someone should be able to review it for you and make sure it's dealt with correctly regarding the provisioning.

Jessimon
Grafter

@geek26

That conflicts entirely with what Plusnet sales are saying, it's a first come first served system via the general notification options like openreach fibre checker. I'm not confident that Plusnet are operating a waiting list. @HarryB doesn't seem entirely confident that it's still an option either.

If somebody could give a straight answer from Plusnet it wouldhelp greatly, I don't want to waste my time ordering and switching to be in the same boat.

geek26
Aspiring Pro

Hi again,

To clarify when you place a broadband order you will be put on the waiting list at the bottom you will then need to wait until you get to the top of the list and there is extra capacity.

Jessimon
Grafter

@geek26

Absolutely, I get the way in which the list works, the facility of putting people on to said list is the issue.

It's not verified if Plusnet are facilitating orders in this manner. Ask sales or CS and not a clue....

geek26
Aspiring Pro

In this case to put your mind at rest I would recommend asking to speak to the provisioning team they place orders manually with Openreach and have lots of expirence dealing with these issues they will be best placed to be able to deal with this.

Jessimon
Grafter

No such thing as the waiting list according to one member of the provisioning team, this is so frustrating. Plusnet, anything? My order is in place waiting to fail.

Jessimon
Grafter

Plusnet? @HarryB, anyone? what's happening with my order? I have been told ADSL or cancel but then today an engineers appointment is booked for the 9th for Fibre and my provider has messaged me confirming a takeover request.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It looks like automation placed your fibre order when you signed up. As it went to the waiting list someone contacted you to advise it would be best to either get provisioned on ADSL first or wait until availability is showing on the checker.

Today the order has progressed to a committed state (Just out of sheer luck that it committed so soon as opposed to waiting on the waiting list for an unknown amount of time)
The order has committed for 09/09/16, so I'd expect you to be on a fibre on that date.

Apologies for any confusion.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Jessimon
Grafter

Thanks Harry, What's with the waiting list confusion at Plusnet? It's pretty bad that every other call brings a different opinion, provisioning were adament that you're wrong about the waiting list this morning. I'm happy that it's got a commitment without waiting but worrying that the advice is so uncoordinated.

Is the order actually provisioned to a 'slot'? I mean is the Fibre package actually committed with openreach, or is openreach likely to say 'capacity issues' once the 9th rolls around? I'm trying to work out if my order should have rejected or if a date etc is great news, I've had my hopes raised and dashed so much this week that i'm scared to be hurt again Wink

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Jessimon wrote:

Is the order actually provisioned to a 'slot'? I mean is the Fibre package actually committed with openreach, or is openreach likely to say 'capacity issues' once the 9th rolls around? I'm trying to work out if my order should have rejected or if a date etc is great news, I've had my hopes raised and dashed so much this week that i'm scared to be hurt again Wink

Generally fibre orders are given a committed date (When there is availability) within 24 hours. When the waiting list has to be taken in to account, we would expect an update within around a week, providing us with either a review date, or in rare cases, straight to a committed date.

I noticed on the order placed for your connection, it took longer than 24 hours for an update to come back, however it's fortunate that it went straight to a committed state.

If there were still capacity issues directly affecting your order, we would have expected to see a review date and have been asked to check back after that date for either a new review date or a committed date.

While I can't give any 100% assurances that the order will complete with no problems, at this point in time it all seems good to complete on 09/09/16.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Jessimon
Grafter

That's perfectly understandable, what do you make of availability still showing as 'waiting list' via the DSL tracker? Pure luck that I was allocated a slot so quickly after ordering? albeit outside of the 24 hours?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Pure luck as far as I'm aware.

I've seen it happen in the past, but more often than not the waiting list leads to wait times before being given a committed date.

One I'm personally monitoring at the moment was placed on 11/08/16 and the review date I've been given is for 01/09/16. There's no guarantee I won't then be given another lengthy review date following this, or fingers crossed, a committed completion date.

I've seen others be stuck on the waiting list for the full 3 months before the order times out and has to be replaced.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Jessimon
Grafter

Fingers crossed, would you expect my order to be fulfilled on the 9th or do you think that because it has 'acted' strangely so far it might cancel? Separately my supplier TalkTalk is switching service on the 6th according to an email they sent to me today...

3 days without BB or a date error? When the 9th comes around will I be placed on ADSL if Fibre is suddenly not possible?