cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Plusnet to sort out home phone problem.

FIXED
greenkr
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Waiting for Plusnet to sort out home phone problem.

Plusnet took over my line on Wednesday 31 October from BT, with unlimited fibre and phone with evening and weekend calls. The broadband started working in the afternoon. However on Thursday 1 November we realised that the phone was not working correctly. it would ring 4 times, no caller ID, just saying incoming call, and then when we did not get to the phone in time go to Plusnet answer machine rather than our phone answer machine. I spent one and a half hours on the phone to Plusnet support (most of it waiting to speak to someone). Not sure if it was a result of this but the phone started ringing 8 times, with caller ID, but still went to Plusnet answering service. Also I discovered there was no mention of home phone on my account, and I was not able to access the Home Phone Control Panel, getting messages either that I don't have home phone, or that it is already signed up to home phone.

The support agent I spoke to said she was passing it on the the provisioning team and I would get  a response within 48 working hours, ie by Monday. Several days later I have had no response, there were three open tickets which were suspended until Thursday 8 November. I updated them asking why did I have to wait. There has still been no response on the tickets (which have now reduced to one).

What do I have to do to get Plusnet to sort this out? I was with Plusnet for several years before moving house and having to use BT, support was excellent then.

4 REPLIES 4
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Waiting for Plusnet to sort out home phone problem.

Hi @greenkr

Sincere apologies for all the issues you have experienced so far. I have put changes in place for you, which should now enable you to access the home phone section on your account. Please let me know how this goes.

Alternatively, I have removed the voicemail from our side, so your personal answer phone should now pick up calls as they come in.

greenkr
Hooked

Thank you @deank, unanswered calls now go to our phone answering machine. However for Home Phone Control Panel I am still getting this:

"Our records indicate that your telephone number may already be in use for Home Phone. This is a possible inconsistency with our records. If you wish to add Home Phone to your service please raise a question to our support centre and we will be happy to progress this for you."

Another ticket has appeared: 

"We've been unable to place the order for your phone service.

Our support team will look to resolve this. You don't need to do anything."

greenkr
Hooked

Fix

My account is now sorted out, home phone is enabled and I can access the control panel 🙂

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Glad to hear that's all fixed for you. Please let us know if you have any further issues.