cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Broadband

abbeabz

Waiting for Broadband

Hello I joined Plusnet on 7/5/2016 and then received a text message saying that my service is due to activated by the 20/05/2016. Well today is the 20/05/2016 and I've kept an eye on my account and it's still saying that you're activating the phone line and the actual router hasn't been despatched yet. I just wanted to know if there were any problems with the order?

32 REPLIES 32
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Waiting for Broadband

Good Morning, 

Sorry about the lack of information given with your connection, I'm just getting into the office now so will take a look shortly and get you a full update out via your account, would you mind sending me a PM with the username to the Plusnet account?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again, 

I was able to locate your account and have put a detailed response on there, on the off chance you see this first, the job was delayed until Monday due to an country-wide engineering issue earlier this week, I've also manually processed the router as the notification from our suppliers that would normally send that to you wasn't sent to us.

NeilMajor

I am in the same position. Ordered via telephone on the 28/04/16 whilst being told that the order would take 10 to 14 days to activate. Numerous communications have taken place with a number of different dates mentioned, then to try and clarify I called the Customer Services team (at the end of the 10-14 day period I was originally quoted) to be told that my service would definitely be active by the end of this week (Week Ending 20/05/16).

I was told that I would receive the required hardware 3-5 days before the service went active but only received this yesterday. Then upon calling to check when the service was due to be activated I have now been told that the activation date is 31/05/16 so in excess of a month since the initial order.

Very disappointed with the service and with the numerous miscommunications I have experiencied.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Neil,

Would you mind sending me a PM with your username as this is something I would like to look into.

nufcfan123

Instead of starting a whole new thread I'll just add my similar issue to this one.

I ordered Homephone and Broadband from Plusnet on 30/4/16 and haven't heard a thing since I've ordered it, including no switch date. Just wondering what the delay is for this?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, 

I'll take a look into this now and update you shortly

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again, 

I've taken a look and unfortunately it seems the Fibre order did not get built correctly with BT Wholesale, and was cancelled, due to this they also cancelled the phone installation. This should have been picked up and noticed however the notification to our side wasn't sent so this wasn't picked up.

I have re-placed your takeover now and this will complete on the 6th, I'll keep a close eye on this to ensure that we get no further issues

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Paul,

Yet more sad sagas of order failures in BTw's systems not being correctly passed over to PlusNET, leaving you guys with eggy face.

I recalled a long time ago being advised that the new provisioning system would make such things impossible: I guess by better automated reporting of orders not progressing to plan.  I have on several occasions suggested the merits of tactical reporting of orders not progressing to plan whilst we wait for the all singing, all dancing new provisioning system.  I'm told that such reporting is in place - so why the repeated issues as described here? We seem to continue to hear of the same old KNOWN issues still happening.  Who is responsible for fixing this?

Are you able to advise what has been done and what is being done to address these systematic repeated failures within your supplier's system and between that system and PN's.  I would understand if you are not able to comment, in which case, I hope that your boss can come here and explain what they are doing to profile these failures and make them a thing of history for their customers.

Cheers,

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mickr62
Grafter

I signed up for fibre and phone on 18th May  and was given 2nd June as change over date. I have heard nothing since from Plusnet, and as yet have not received hub. Having read through recent threads I am now coming a bit concerned as I do not want to find myself with out phone or broadband on the 2nd June . Sky have sent me email saying I will be cut off on june 2nd. Can anybody confirm every think is alright fo 2nd June .

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Personal information removed from a public forum.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Mick,

Did you give Sky the 2nd June date or did that come out of the migration process?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mickr62
Grafter

No I did not give sky any date , it came from migration process done by plusnet.

Mickr

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mick, 

Sorry about the late response to this, been a busy morning

Unfortunately your orders have failed due to the exchange stating no Fibre capacity is available to use, this still shows available on the checks we run and you can run too however when consulting with someone at BT Wholesale they have advised that information is outdated.

I've popped you a message over from your account but in this instance if you did wish to move over to us it would need to be a standard(ADSL) broadband service until we can move you over to Fibre.

As our orders have failed the cease sky mentioned of their service has been removed and that will continue to work until you cancel with them directly or we do take over

mickr62
Grafter

Not good enough, I phoned before playing order on internet to check if fibre was available at my address and was assured it was. Why as no one had the decency to phone me to inform that it was not available. When is it likely to be available although I cant say I'm impressed so far. I trust sky will keep working and I will not be cut off.

Mickr 

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mick, when you signed up Fibre was showing as available to order, infact it still does to this day, this is the information ourselves and other providers use to determine if we can provide the service.

Only once your local telephone exchange picked up the order was it cancelled due to no Fibre ports being available, this is a records mismatch within BT Wholesale and Openreach and one we cannot forsee unfortunately, we have to trust the information our suppliers give to us.

Fibre will most definitely become available again but we cannot say for sure when as it all depends when Openreach add more to the exchange

In regards to the Sky service, as soon as our order failed, their cease was removed so everything will continue as it is until a change is made