cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Broadband

mickr62
Grafter

Re: Waiting for Broadband

will you ensure that the money I paid upfront is returned to my account, and inform me when it becomes available . I will then decide what to do.

mickr

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

To refund the money we would need to close the account which is something we are unable to do via the forums and would require a quick call to our cancellations team on 0800 013 2632.

If you did close the account the best way to stay updated would be dslchecker.bt.com, this does show Fibre as available at present but I have requested the records update to reflect the current capacity issues.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Townman wrote:

Hi Paul,

Yet more sad sagas of order failures in BTw's systems not being correctly passed over to PlusNET, leaving you guys with eggy face.

@Darkfire - Paul any thoughts on https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Waiting-for-Broadband/m-p/1336626#M236 please?  One for the management team?

'Invisible' order failure looks like it is a right royal pain you-know-where to you guys! Crazy3

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mickr62
Grafter

While it may not be all PlusNet's fault, they are not free from blame. If I had not posted the question on this forum I would have been waiting on the 2nd June to be switched over. PlusNet are quick to try and sign you up, but not to keep you updated as advertised.

Mickr

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Townman wrote:

Hi Paul,

Yet more sad sagas of order failures in BTw's systems not being correctly passed over to PlusNET, leaving you guys with eggy face.! Crazy3

Or is it more of a case that the Plusnet provisioning interface is not agile enough to alert the provisioning team?  Having done some work on the BT systems in the past, I would hazard a guess.  Time to prise some capital out of the moneymen to get an upgrade.

M

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@MauriceC,

I've seen a fair number of situations were the next event date is in the future, however a user has had cause for concern resulting in a double check to take place.  That investigations identifies that though all looks good ISP side, things are pear-shaped n the BT side and there is no evidence of that being communicated by BT to the ISP.

Sadly it does not appear that such failures are uncommon, yet no ISP has called out BTw for such dreadful performance.

mickr62
Grafter

Have ordered fibre again as it shows available on Bt check site. Ordered on 1st so hope to hear every thing is alright soon and an change over date. If it does not work this time I think I will give up.

Mickr

abbeabz

I have my phone line set up now is there any idea on when i'll get my broadband? The only thing I really need from this is the broadband.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Abbeabz Smiley 

I've had a quick look and your phone is indeed active, that order was signed off at 4:13 this afternoon, the broadband should come on shortly, it is possible the order is complete but not signed off yet, if you connect the router you have from us can you let me know what lights are on, their colours and if they are flashing and I will be able to look into this a little more Smiley 

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Had a bit of downtime so made a quick call to our suppliers.

All work is complete, they just need to sign the order off, I've activated you our side now though so we don't have to wait, should be working immediately Smiley

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@mickr62 wrote:

Have ordered fibre again as it shows available on Bt check site. Ordered on 1st so hope to hear every thing is alright soon and an change over date. If it does not work this time I think I will give up.

Mickr

Hi Mick, 

I've taken a look at your order to ensure things are going fine, Fibre capacity is available and a port reserved, we are going great for the takeover Smiley

abbeabz

Thanks so much that is now working you guys are awesome
mickr62
Grafter

Thanks for that Darkfire, glad every thing is going aright this time. I have been given 20th June as change over day, suspect I will receive Hub1 in next few days

Mickr

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

yup, should be there any day, the 20th has been confirmed and engineer assigned to sort the Fibre connection at the cabinet Smiley  I've set the order to email me with any change so I can keep you up to date if anything changes 

mickr62
Grafter

Thanks for that Darkfire, help much appreciated

Mickr