cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting almost a month for my "Survey" to be completed.

abillybob

Waiting almost a month for my "Survey" to be completed.

Hello Everyone For the last 3 weeks and a bit I've been waiting for Open Reach to finish their Survey on my property. I have been in constant contact with PlusNet throughout this as they can't be bothered to contact me and let me know what is actually going on with the order. They tell me every time I contact that they will have a definite update on a specific date, they have told me this 7 times and whenever I ask for the update on that particular date they move it back another week. I have been told that there's nothing that can be done as it's up to the third party (OpenReach). Well funnily enough I spotted an OpenReach van driving around my cul-de-sac so asked him what was going on as I presumed it was for me - he told me that he was there for a neighbours house as they where having problems and didn't have anything down at all for work being carried out at my house address. I told him I'd been waiting 3-4 weeks and he just said I'll see what I can do. I told PlusNet about this and they gave me a generic answer completely avoiding my statement. Will I ever get connected or am I just going to go around in circles until the year 2099? I have been told by many other Plusnet customers that their experience had been awful too (my mum being one) where a customer services manager had swore at her down the phone then hung up. The professionalism, speed and so called helpfulness of this company is awful. I really need this sorting, I'm a Network Manager at a school and need to remotely access servers. I have been extremely patient up until now but something needs sorting and needs sorting now. I'm not waiting any longer. I have submitted a report to Watchdog.. What else can I do? Dreadful.
7 REPLIES 7
gicol

Re: Waiting almost a month for my "Survey" to be completed.

why dont you just leave & try a decent provider

abillybob

I'm worried if I do this I'll be back where I started and will go back to the back of the queue!! I also live out deep in the countryside so I'm limited to what providers I can use. PlusNet and BT are the only two that will give me unlimited broadband where I live.

If it keeps up though I won't have a choice but to try BT I'm just giving PlusNet the benefit of the doubt and hoping they get their bums in gear!!

Broadsman

I can sympathise. I paid £257.86 on 21st October for a new line and a years package upfront.

So far we have had / 22 emails/ 3 cancelled installation dates from open reach/ many many minutes hanging on the line to speak to plus net/ promises of calls back.

Any suggestions of where to go with this?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Request a full refund and move on?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

abillybob

Please read above.

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hello @abillybob - thank you for raising the issue via the forums.

Is your account still active; as in still progressing? If so, could you please drop me a PM with the username and I'll endeavour to find out what I possibly can for you?

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
abillybob

This was posted 3 weeks ago.... I have moved to BT who have already sorted it for me. Something you failed to do in over a month they did in 2 weeks.