Did you mean: 

Waiting 6 weeks and still no broadband

FIXED
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Waiting 6 weeks and still no broadband

I suggest you post on https://www.facebook.com/plusnet and/or https://twitter.com/Plusnethelp as being more public they tend to respond quicker to them than posts on here which can go totally without a response.

Would really appreciate it if you stopped recommending this Jelv. It's the same individuals who manage Facebook and Twitter, who have a presence on the forums.

@OP - So sorry that the router hasn't arrived yet. I'm investigating what we can do from here, and I'll update you shortly.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@MattyC is it to difficult for someone to send a router out manually to the customer via special delivery, as 3 have already got lost in the post.

@MattyC wrote:

I suggest you post on https://www.facebook.com/plusnet and/or https://twitter.com/Plusnethelp as being more public they tend to respond quicker to them than posts on here which can go totally without a response.

Would really appreciate it if you stopped recommending this Jelv. It's the same individuals who manage Facebook and Twitter, who have a presence on the forums.

I am sure customers would really appreciate, if customer service responsive times was answered in a timely manner, the facts are they are not , if they were i am sure jelv would not feel the need to post the links.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

I am sure customers would really appreciate, if customer service responsive times was answered in a timely manner, the facts are they are not , if they were i am sure jelv would not feel the need to post the links.

Agreed, however it just affects the way we work and makes it a bit harder for the staff that we do have.

Right @ship-of-fools

I've gone and sourced a router from our products team for you. I have gone and spoke to our facilities team who have agreed to send this router out for you for next day delivery. I have handwritten the address (after triple-checking it) and wrapped it up.

I am going to watch the postman put the router in the back of his van to ensure that it's left our building as accordingly. From there, I'll get the tracking number, and send it you in a PM.

It should be with you by 1pm tomorrow.

As it's technically not affiliated with your account, it may require manual setup. More than happy to help you with this over the phone tomorrow.

Matty

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@MattyC

ITWorks has summarised my reason for doing it precisely. I know it's the same team but it is very apparent that you prioritise responding to Facebook and Twitter above responding on these forums.

It has been suggested a number of times that the people like those who used to be 'Bright Sparks' could have a way of flagging topics requiring prioritised Plusnet input (with anyone abusing the privilege having the facility withdrawn). Nothing has come of that. In the meantime I'll continue advising people as I think appropriate. I see loads of posts on here requiring a PN response (and it's not uncommon for some to go without any response) but very few do I suggest escalating to the social media platforms. I think a case where you've failed to get a user online in seven weeks due to internal cockups deserves prioritising.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Yeh I tried to reuse an old Virginmedia router but I would need of faffing to get it to work so I've ordered a Netgear router which'll arrive tomorrow and should be compatible.  Its unbelievable how much PlusNet has cost me in wasted time and money since I started this on August 24th........:(

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Appreciate that, and I can't stop you from recommending Twitter and Facebook (though can discourage it). As long as you're of this:

Agreed, however it just affects the way we work and makes it a bit harder for the staff that we do have.

ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Thanks for the heads up - yes Ill try that too.  I also have a relative who is a journalist for a heavy hitting paper so I plan to get those guns trained on them too!

ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Hi Matty!  At last someone is doing something!!  Thanks so much for stepping up to the challenge; I was beginning to give up hope.  Ill make sure I mention your name to the CEO when I speak to him!

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ill make sure I mention your name to the CEO when I speak to him!

Thanks, though not really fussed about that. As long as you let me know it's arrived tomorrow, that'd be great.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies for bumping the same thread. I've inboxed your tracking number.

ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Eureka!  Matty, its arrived!!  I can hardly believe it as I had given up all hope.  You are an absolute star, finally someone in PlusNet who takes heed of the customer and goes that extra mile to deliver service.  You should, at the very least, be awarded employee of the month, or if you have the right birth certificate President of the USA!  Thank you, thank you, thank you, for pulling your company from the brink.  I'm off to have a lie down.

PS  I still think you should give your third party router distributors the elbow, those routers that they claim to have sent out over the last three weeks have never arrived.  There's something rotten in their part of the chain, but I'm going to stop telling you how to run your company now.  Good luck! 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Blank post removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Wonderful, I'm around until 5:30 if you want to try getting online. Feel free to PM me.

PS  I still think you should give your third party router distributors the elbow, those routers that they claim to have sent out over the last three weeks have never arrived.  There's something rotten in their part of the chain, but I'm going to stop telling you how to run your company now.  Good luck! 

I have to say that this is quite honestly a rare circumstance, are few and far between compared to other issues (fault delays, provisioning, etc). That said, this scenario has frustrated me so I'm investigating the reasons behind the issue.

or if you have the right birth certificate President of the USA!

Based on the last couple of debates I've seen, I don't think presidency is for me Grin

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to MattyC as per message #18.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Hi MattyC

Its happening again!!  Signed up for another 24 month contract on 5 June (really wondering why I did this) and they told me the router was in the post.  I held my breath!  I'm still holding my breath.  No router arrived and another one has been sent out.  Can you have a look and see what's happened before I dissolve into a gibbering wreck and/or march down to your offices.