Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting 6 weeks and still no broadband

FIXED
ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Waiting 6 weeks and still no broadband

I signed up for your broadband on 24 August. Six weeks later I still have no idea when the service will be up and running. I have hour upon hour on the phone and online trying to get an answer to a very simple question and I am still no further forward. For a company that is in the communications business, you are a total shambles. In all my years in business I have rarely seen such ineptitude.  I thought no other company could mirror the canker-blighted, toppling folly that is the BT contact centre but after a number of frustrating calls, over this period, it has become clear that no-one, anywhere, ever, could be more disinterested, less helpful or more obstructive in delivering service to their customers than Plusnet.

I am sure you couldn't care less that I have been forced to constantly chase your organisation, nor, I expect, do you care about the failure to deliver any of the promises you made to me.  Unsurprisingly the only thing you managed to do efficiently was process the payment so perhaps there is some hope that PlusNet won't join the growing list of shabby and disintegrating UK companies that thought they were big enough to ignore customers and are now either owned by the government or no longer in existence.

34 REPLIES 34
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Waiting 6 weeks and still no broadband

Sorry to hear what's happened.

From looking at your account I can see the issue appears to be with the way your address has been entered.

We've ordered you a new router and changed the address so you should receive it this time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ship-of-fools
Dabbler

All my other mail arrives as expected to this address, could it be that no router has actually been sent out? Five days waiting for a second delivery is not acceptable on top of the 10 days I have already waited since the line was commissioned.

Here's a top tip; use a courier or special delivery service, what you pay in extra postal charges will be offset by the saving in time spent chasing deliveries and avoiding the cost of losing customers. A company your size could negotiate a good deal with Yodel or UPS.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting........
ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Still Waiting.....Could have built my own in the time its taking to deliver the router.  Do you care?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can confirm the routers were dispatched however the format of your address may have not made it clear on the shipping label.

The new one was dispatched this morning and should be with you in the next 3 to 5 working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ship-of-fools
Dabbler

According to the automated emails I receive you have sent a router out on Tuesday and Wednesday, but nothing ever arrives.  If the emails are correct  there must be about half a dozen routers swirling around at the Royal Mail sorting office at the moment, so I am mystified that they haven't worked out how to get them to the property.  I checked the address you have against the Royal Mail PAF and they are exactly the same.  So, how about trying another excuse, like "the dog ate it", or "we're not sure what a router is" - it would be a lot more believable.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The issue is not to do with the address itself, that's correct. It's the way the address is sent through when we order the router and the use of certain characters in the address that are stripped out or altered when the order is processed.

To get the router out to you we're altered the way the address is displayed on the router order, but not altered the actual address itself. I'm quietly confident that the most recent router will arrive.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Still waiting, 32 business days, six and a half weeks later. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As I mentioned in my post yesterday the router was dispatched yesterday so it should be with you in the next few days.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ship-of-fools
Dabbler

I'm confused.  I spoke to a women who said she was sending the router on Saturday 1st.  I then spoke to a man who was sending a router on Tuesday 4th.  I then had a message to say the router had been despatched on Wednesday 5th, and similarly Thursday 6th.  The law of averages suggests that one of these 4 routers might have arrived by now, or even the one sent out on 27th September.  Could it be that nobody is actually bothering to package the router and take it to the Post Office in the first place and you're actually all out of routers, or perhaps are having difficulty working out what one looks like? (see my picture for a clue)

Have a nice weekend!

PS  You're probably lucky enough to have broadband at home (unlike us!!) so why not download Book VI of Plato's Republic, about a ship with a dysfunctional crew.  It doesn't end well.

dobbo73

Hi im having the same problem placed my order on 22nd August received my router but first 3 weeks they couldn't get phone line sorted now there having problems with my broadband saying i need to cancel with my previous supplier even though they are ment to do that but the funny part is i haven't got a previous supplier plusnet are a joke and i wouldn't recommend them to my dog happy to take money without any service joke is a understatement
ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Hi - I have never seen anything like it in all my days. They say they have sent 3 routers out and they all got lost in the post.  In fact what I think is happening is that the 3rd party they use to send the routers is not actually fulfilling the orders and the PlusNet guys are clueless as to either how they override the 3rd party problem or how they fix it so they keep blaming the post. Yesterday I got a router sent from a relative to the address, and guess what it arrived this morning, unfortunately its a Virginmedia router so its almost impossible to configure it.

Any decent company reading this catalogue of disasters would have put a router on a motorcycle courier and rescued the deteriorating customer relationship.  Sadly I can only conclude PlusNet are not a decent company! Good luck with your problem, I'm trapped in a circle of hell, no router and punishing financial penalties if I try to cancel the contract.   

ship-of-fools
Dabbler

Guess what!  Still no router.  When are you going to sort this out?  Its rapidly approaching 7 weeks since I had the misfortune to sign up for your broadband service and I still cant use it.  Why are you sitting around doing nothing?

PS  Have now written a long letter to your CEO, so I will soon know whether the rot in this company starts from the top, have a nice day.

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think I would have popped down the local shop or went on Ebay and bought a cheap one rather than wait all that time. It's always good to have a spare anyway.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Unbelievable!

I suggest you post on https://www.facebook.com/plusnet and/or https://twitter.com/Plusnethelp as being more public they tend to respond quicker to them than posts on here which can go totally without a response.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)