cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting 11 weeks for broadband and it goes on!

DawnRG

Waiting 11 weeks for broadband and it goes on!

10th August we renewed our contract for plusnet phone and broadband for our move to a new build house. The phone eventually got connected on 8 October and broad band due within a week. Supposedly. We were then informed that BT/Open Reach had cancelled the broadband due to the inevitable tie pair issues. Plusnet reordered the broadband as 'priority'. Still no broadband and despite assurances from the provisioning team they will chase and get back to me guess what? Just another date for update. Don't you think it's time Plusnet management started getting tough with BT/OR? Its nauseating listening to the radio adverts stating how they are voted the best broadband and customer services provider while 11 weeks into the house move we are still waiting. The question number raised by the team is apparently one of the longest the provisioning team have dealt with. Where do we go from here? Cancel the contract and we're hammered for over £300. Sorry for the rant but we've been with plusnet since 2014 with no problems at all and now so much hassle.
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Waiting 11 weeks for broadband and it goes on!

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @DawnRG, I am really sorry for the ongoing issues with your order and for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

I have taken a further look at this contacting our suppliers but we don't yet have any further information; we've been asked to check back for further updates on 25/10/2021. I have provided a more detailed response on your open ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=216954756.

If you have any further queries in the meantime at all, just get back to us on here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@DawnRG wrote:
Don't you think it's time Plusnet management started getting tough with BT/OR?

Think of it this way. In the BT plc empire there is, amongst others, Openreach and BT Retail.

Under the management of BT Retail is Premier provider BT, Mid Range provider EE, and at the bottom of the pile Budget provider Plusnet.

How can they get tough? Can you imagine Plusnet complaining to Ofcom?

You are obviously unlucky. Plusnet do their best but....

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

refturner
Dabbler

I believe that PlusNet are part of BT.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@refturner

We're part of BT Group/Consumer, but we're a separate entity when it comes to handling orders with Openreach.

For @DawnRG I can see their line is finally installed and we've placed the broadband order which is due to complete on the 4th November before midnight. One of our provisioning teams has ownership and is keeping a close eye on this. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DawnRG

So after now 12 weeks and receiving confirmation email and text that plusnet broadband would finally go live on 5 Nov (Friday) I have now been informed that OR have changed the status on their system to 'acknowledged' whatever that means due to a 'planning delay'. In other words its gone back a step. How come on the 29th Oct it was all good to go and now either OR and / or Plusnet have rescinded on this? What has changed between then and now? Why send the formal acknowledgement of activation when in fact it wasn't ready? There needs to some straight talking between Plusnet and OR because someone somewhere is giving out some false information and as the Plusnet customer we are the ones impacted by this. We also need far more details of WHAT this planning delay actually is. The devil is always in the details and we are just not getting those details, only vague excuses such as exception reports, tie pair issues, and now planning delays. This is simply not good enough and OFCOM WILL hear about this whole sorry saga. We will also be discussing compensation as a result of all this.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for taking my call @DawnRG, I really appreciate your time and I'm truly sorry for the ongoing nature of your order.

I have updated your ticket just outlining our conversation today and as discussed, will be back in touch once I have a further update for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team