cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgently need to change moving date

agprimrose
Hooked

Urgently need to change moving date

I spoke with someone a few weeks ago to advise them of our house move. We agreed for services to be switched over on 12/10/20. Unfortunately the move has been delayed so I need to push this date back to mid November.

I have tried calling every day of the week, spent hours on hold, attempted live chat, opened tickets, sent messages on Facebook...all with no results.

This level of service is unacceptable. Your policy on house moving is to get in touch four weeks before the move and to give atleast a week's notice if the date changes. This is exactly what I have tried to do but you are making it impossible.

I require confirmation ASAP that the move date has been amended. The service at our current property or the new property CANNOT be cut off.
3 REPLIES 3
agprimrose
Hooked

Re: Urgently need to change moving date

After being on the phone for over an hour I managed to speak with someone who said they would help me arrange this. The last update I had is that it was being arranged but no confirmation.

Please can someone who works at Plusnet and monitors this forum take a look at my account and confirm the current date for the house move?

I honestly wish I had just ended my contract and arranged for a new account to be setup with a different supplier. Now I'm tied into another 18 months with Plusnet and it's awful Customer Services.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @agprimrose

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had,

I can confirm that my colleagues have amended your order correctly 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
agprimrose
Hooked

The good news is that whatever you did the first time round @MatthewWheeler almost worked flawlessly (the service still went down on the original move date in October, but I rang up and it was put back online immediately).

The bad news is that the move was delayed again. I managed to speak with someone much quicker this time and they confirmed the transfer had been postponed to 03/12/20.

Unfortunately today the service has gone down again and this time I am told it is because the cease at the current property has been actioned and there is no way to reverse it. The only option is to wait until it's active at the new property (fingers crossed we don't delay again...).

That means no internet for a fortnight for two individuals who rely on it to work from home despite me doing everything I was supposed to do and receiving confirmation that my request to postpone the transfer had been actioned.

I have been asked to buy a months access to BT hotspot which you will reimburse me for, according to the agent I spoke to this morning we have good coverage at our property. I've done this and so far not been able to find a single hotspot to connect to on any devices.

I'm so disappointed.

I've done everything I was meant to, followed all of Plusnet's guidance, spent hours and hours speaking with the team and yet still I, the paying customer, end up in a terrible position with nowhere to turn for help.

I'm reactivating this post to ask you a few questions:

- Is there anything else that can be done to re-activate the broadband at our current property immediately?

- Failing that, is there any other alternative option you can offer to BT hotspot (at Plusnet's expense)? Currently I am using my phones 4g as a hotspot and it won't last a fortnight

- What are my options for cancelling? When I spoke with the first agent about my house move he said we'd be tied into another 18 month contract at the new address (he managed to sort that bit very quickly...). Obviously that service is yet to start so I'd hope I am within my rights to cancel as understandably I really don't want to be tied into another 18 month contract after this. Ideally we'd cancel immediately and I'll find a new provider to get us setup at the new property. The only reason I wanted to stay with Plusnet was for a crossover with no downtime given my job depends on it.