Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed - Delay in installation

shilapatel67
Grafter

Re: Urgent help needed - Delay in installation

Thank you @Gandalf for the escalation. Hopefully this speeds things up

Once again I know none of this is in your hands, just openreach not really being good with communication at the moment.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem, fingers crossed things are moving forward

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shilapatel67
Grafter

@Gandalf Update when you get a chance please

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @shilapatel67

I have updated the ticket on your account with the latest update. You can view this by Clicking Here

Kind regards.

shilapatel67
Grafter

Hello,

Thanks for your query. But I am not satisfied that this has been chased up correctly today. @Gandalf had told the prior openreach chat person to mark an email for escalation, and now openreach have just told me that they are escalating again from the same point.. how does this make sense?

I was firstly told that the dig team will get back to me on the 20th, then it got escalated thus the 3 day wait till today. Now on the notes it is saying come back for review on the 28th? How is this even possible? This time next week this job will have been with the dig team for a month? I would understand if it was a difficult dig.. it is merely a couple of meters then into my own driveway

Can I request @Gandalf to take a look at this, as he had escalated this with openreach a couple days ago.. maybe he knows where the escalation went to etc?

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @shilapatel67

I have followed the correct process in contacting the relevant team with Openreach, the information I have forwarded is the most up to date information Openreach have provided, as they have no update they need to escalate this again to get an update.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Font size fixed.

shilapatel67
Grafter

Interesting, why is the next review date on the 28th then? When there is a 1 day turn around time according to the ticket.

Can I have it checked again tomorrow? Please take some urgency in this issue..

Also I have a engineer appointment booked for tomorrow as the dig was meant to be completed by then and inside the home work was meant to be undertaken tomorrow. Can you move this to next week as there is no point the chap coming.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @shilapatel67 so with the 1 working day timeframe, unfortunately, today will not count as the first working day.

With the weekend and Bank Holiday Monday, the next working day will be the 28th.

Openreach should have already taken action to inform the Engineer of the on-going external work. Although there are some cases the Engineer do still show up, this will not be held against you as a missed appointment as it will be an error made by Openreach. We also have notes and tracking history in regards to your on-going query which can further support this.

Kind regards.

shilapatel67
Grafter

Ping for an update today please (fingers crossed some good news)
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @shilapatel67, thanks for getting back to us.

I've spoken to the suppliers with regards to the order, the dig work is still yet to be completed, a new estimated completion date for this external work has been set as 30/05/2019. I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience this delay is causing and I can assure you we're doing all we can to get this external work completed so we can activate the service at your property.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
shilapatel67
Grafter

Hi there,

Thanks for the chase up. Just to confirm what did openreach give as an update.. Any reasons for the delays or any confirmation that they are looking to complete the work or if they're still in the planning phase?

Was it a response like before saying no update, please come back 2 days later or did they actually give a response?

Also can these notes be added onto the ticket (sorry if already done) so just that anyone in the future can track the ticket for updates.

Thanks
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @shilapatel67

Thank you for getting back to us. My colleague's recent comments on your support ticket address your questions regarding the delay. You can view this on your account here

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

shilapatel67
Grafter

Ping for an update please

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @shilapatel67

Thanks for getting back to us. I have spoken to our suppliers and have added your update to your ticket here

Please get back to me if you have any questions

shilapatel67
Grafter

Hi there,

So you said the delay has been resolved.. What does that mean, the dig team still hasn't done outside work and you've given an engineer date for the 5th.

What has changed? What has openreach said about when the dig is going to happen.. I'm a tad confused now.

Also if the external work is going to happen this week, @Gandalf earlier on mentioned that as this ticket is escalated I could get an engineer appointment within 2 days and not the 5th as you mentioned.

Thanks