Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed - Delay in installation

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Urgent help needed - Delay in installation

Me again.

Unfortunately the order cancelled Friday night in the supplier systems, I've chased this up with Openreach and I've been advised that this was because of a system issue.

I've replaced the order now and once it is committed/confirmed in the supplier systems, we'll request the order is expedited to ensure that any future engineer appointments are provided to us at a priority.

We'll also request that the order is linked to the previous order so that any notes are carried across.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the continued delays and issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shilapatel67
Grafter

Thanks for the update @Gandalf

Just a note that the new telephone line still hasn't been installed so hopefully that is installed before this engineer date. I assume that this engineer is only for the inside of the house work?

Many thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've got in touch with Openreach to link the cancelled telephone order with the new telephone order, and they've escalated the job back to the dig team. We should have an update on 15/05/2019.

As the engineer visit is generally for the internal work and nothing overly complicated like underground work, we'll keep you updated and we'll let you know if the appointment needs to change.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shilapatel67
Grafter

Thanks for the prompt response. If you find out what date roughly the outside work will be carried out, it would be good to know. I only ask as where they are meant to dig etc is normally where I park my car, so just incase they come when I am not at home to complete the works, as we authorised the contractors to complete the work with us not being at home.

Thanks, I shall ping back on the 15th for an update.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @shilapatel67 I have checked the notes on our supplier's system currently it is set to be actioned from 14th and expected to finish by 20th.

However, we will get a further update on the progress on the 15th.

Kind regards.

shilapatel67
Grafter

Hi all,

Just a ping to whomever for an update today. Thank you once again for your help
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just spent some time chasing this up with Openreach. They have advised that the A55 form has been returned and processed on the 13th (Monday) and from that point the job went to the dig team for planning work, that part of the process can take up to 5 working days, with that in mind we should be able to update you further on the 20th. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shilapatel67
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. I had thought this had already been with the dig team for planning.. The chap had even marked a line on the pavement and my driveway of where to dig and install the line..

I'm a tad confused as to why planning for the dig has only commenced 2 weeks after it was known a dig is needed?

I understand you guys at PN are doing your best.. Is there no way to request openreach to expedite the planning for a 2 day return as done for some previous requests on this problem?.. @Gandalf has previously mentioned this order will be expedited for a quicker turn around, but not sure if dig planning is included in this
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, that's what Openreach have advised me today is that it reached the planning team on the 13th, it's likely they've already started planning and preparations as you've mentioned but we won't see any movement from that until the 20th. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shilapatel67
Grafter

Just wanna ping whomever for an update on the off chance openreach have completed the planning before the up to 5 days period..

If not I'll check back in on Monday..

Once again I'm not entirely happy with the relaxed approach plusnet are taking when it's going to be a month without my services by the end of next week...
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @shilapatel67

I am very sorry if you have been given that impression about how we are dealing with your delay, I assure you this is not the case. The open ticket on your account is being monitored daily by our Social Media team for any updates. As it stands Openreach have advised us that the next date that we can contact for an update is 20/05 and with there being no listed updates on the order at this time from them, I do apologise but we will have to wait for this date before we contact them further.

shilapatel67
Grafter

I understand, I can see the delay resides on the openreach sides of things..

Ping for whomever to provide an update.. (fingers crossed anytime this week as I'm home all week)
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @shilapatel67, thanks for your patience.

We haven't had an update as of yet from the dig team, after speaking with our suppliers I've been advised we should have a further update within the next 24 hours. I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

We'll be in touch when we know more.

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
shilapatel67
Grafter

Thanks for the update. But this is highly dissapointing news. I've waiting a whole week for only to be told there is no update from openreach..

Surely there has to be atleast one person this can be escalated to..

I've had to fork out for a £95 TP-Link router which Allows data to be emitted via a sim card.. And £25 for a one month data sim contract..

Now I definetly do not want to extend my data sim contract for longer than a month.. And I know plusnet won't reimburse the router costs.. So all in all I'm out of pocket alot without a single sign of getting my telephone line installed anytime soon.

God forbid this happens to an elderly person or a person who cannot afford a way around the lack of Internet and telephone line.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry for the continued delays, while us receiving no updates doesn't necessarily means nothing is happening I've got back in touch with Openreach to escalate this with their dig team due to how long this is taking. 

They've therefore emailed the appropriate person to escalate the order and while we've now been given a new review date of 23/05/2019, I hope this helps speed things up in the long run.

God forbid this happens to an elderly person or a person who cannot afford a way around the lack of Internet and telephone line.

We have a welfare case process with our suppliers for instances where a phone line is absolutely vital, however there's very strict criteria we have to meet in order to be eligible and be accepted for one.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet