Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed - Delay in installation

shilapatel67
Grafter

Urgent help needed - Delay in installation

Hi there,

I was due to get my plusnet activated and set up last week or so, the engineer came round and stated that somewhere would need to be dug up etc to get a phone line... 

So the catch is that Virgin media said they cannot extend my contact by 1 month as Plusnet have already transferred the number over.. so as of yesterday I am left without no internet and no telephone.. with Plusnet seemingly being very slow with giving me at-least a timescale? 

Surely this can be escalated to Openreach?

Thanks,

51 REPLIES 51
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Urgent help needed - Delay in installation

Hi @shilapatel67

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that have been encountered. Due to external dig work your service activation will be delayed. We use the BT infrastructure which is different to Virgin and if there isn't a suitable BT line already at your premises delays can be experienced but we completely understand your frustration regarding this.

I have provided a full update for you which can be followed here

Kind Regards

shilapatel67
Grafter

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the infrastructure is different. But I also forsee this taking a while, so what am I meant to do about not having an internet connection.. telephone line is excusable.. but since the number was transferred over to Plusnet, VM were unable to extend the contract... 

Where does this leave me in terms of compensation/hotspots etc? 

Surely this is due diligence that should've been done prior to giving me an activation date?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @shilapatel67

I'm afraid this isn't something we can foresee until engineers go out to activate your service. If they find that there is a fault with your infrastructure or work required to provide you a service overall this will delay your order. We outline this on sign up and in our terms and conditions.
We can of course look into a proportionate gesture of goodwill once live but we would be unable to refund for any costs incurred to yourself.

I'm really sorry that I have to provide you this information as I know it isn't the response you were hoping for.
Your account has been taken as a personal by myself and once I have more information I will be in touch as soon as I can.

Kind Regards

shilapatel67
Grafter

I understand..

Thank you very much for handling this personally, really appreciate it

Thanks
shilapatel67
Grafter

@OllieC or anyone else, any updates on this please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like @OllieC is not yet in the office, so I've chased this up with Openreach on his behalf.

We've been advised that this is still with the dig team and they've not received an update yet, so the adviser I discussed this with is e-mailing the relevant person to chase this up.

We should know more on 09/05/2019. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shilapatel67
Grafter

Hi there,

@Gandalf @OllieC just a nudge for an update whenever either of you get in the office today Smiley

Bearing in mind I am still without internet & telephone, any escalation to speed things up would be appreciated - or if anything is needed from my side.. pictures of my driveway etc cos ideally I want this to be done in one hit whenever Openreach schedule the installation..

Thanks,

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just chased this up with Openreach now for you as we're not seeing any updates on their systems just yet. The pass on their apologies for the delays as do we. 

I've added an update to your account for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189642021

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shilapatel67
Grafter

Thanks for the reply,

Had a chap out today who got the approval from the neighbour etc, drew a line where the new bt line should be placed etc..

Things seem to be moving finally hopefully.

Suprsingly I just recieved a phone call on my land-line, so not too sure how that has happened.. Is there anyway to check if Virgin has still got ahold of it? Because they gave me confirmation of my account being closed (can confirm no Internet is being provided by them anymore though)

Thanks,
shilapatel67
Grafter

Also just to add to my prior post, the chap today had installed a junction box on my external wall because he said that'll mean the external workers can get us set up quicker..

Now does that mean once external work is complete we would need another engineer to come and run the telephone line inside the house to be put beside the existing virgin media telephone socket?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @shilapatel67,

As it currently stands, the order is still in a delayed state and we're currently awaiting further updates from our suppliers regarding external work and a review of this work.

Having said this, it's possible that the work you've mentioned has given you a working phone line despite the order not completing yet, although I'd hope the phone number is still active with your previous provider if you've opted to port the number form them, as it could cause problems completing the order with a number port if the number is no longer active with the losing provider.

We'll continue to monitor this for you and should hopefully have further updates regarding the order next week for you.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shilapatel67
Grafter

Hi @HarryB - It seems as if VM may have temporarily turned it into an incoming phone line only (from what I can read online) - I doubt the Plusnet telephone is up and running as from the markings on the pavement and driveway, it is a whole new line that is needed to be installed..

Thanks - I shall await further updates (although I hope soon) 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for responding @shilapatel67 - we appreciate the update.

As soon as we know more in terms of your order, we'll be in touch.

Best wishes

Dave

shilapatel67
Grafter

Just a ping to whomever for any update today, thank you.