Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help

FIXED
DJackson84
Hooked

Urgent Help

I am switching from sky to plusnet and today is that day. Sky have stopped the service they are sending but not a peep from plusnet? What’s going on? Plusnet phone lines have no answer at all. I know I’m complaining about luxury but I can’t even watch tv! I was assured a seamless transition. Far from it.
10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Urgent Help

@DJackson84 

A warm welcome to the forums.  Did YOU tell Sky that you were leaving...

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

If you did not tell Sky that you are leaving, then they ought not to be terminating your service.  If you did, Plusnet cannot raise orders for your new service until the Sky cease order competes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@DJackson84 - apologies for the radio silence. The order still looks due to complete at this side by the end of today, and I understand your hub was delivered a couple of days ago?

Our systems will normally spit an email out once we've received comfirmation from our supplier that the switch is complete.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

DJackson84
Hooked

Thanks for checking Bob.

I am not sure I want anything spat out at me but I understand your meaning. Yes the hub was delivered and is ready to be plugged in. I didn’t realise the sky one had stopped until I came to do some work.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Have you tried plugging the router in?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DJackson84
Hooked

Yep. Currently a lovely orange glow.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Apologies for the crude terminology 😉

Let me see if I can see the hub reaching our infrastructure. If I can, I may be able to nudge things in the right direction... 

Edit: sorted - however, your broadband password is being rejected. Factory reset your hub by inserting something into the pinhole at the rear of the device until the status light flashes green. Once done, give it 5 mins or so and everything should be rosey.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

DJackson84
Hooked

Just received the email going live but stuck in orange light. Reset abd unplugged. Still no connection.

Just seen the edit - will try.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like you're online now 👍

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

DJackson84
Hooked

I am thanks. I am just now working out all my smart plug issues with the whole 5ghz problem there seems to be now. This wasn’t as smooth as I hoped it would be. That’ll do…a lot of work. 🙄.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@DJackson84 - one option might be to log into the Plusnet hub and try changing the Wi-Fi credentials to match those you used with your previous router. That can sometimes avoid the inevitable headache of resetting/reconfiguring everything on your network.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team