cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Unlimited Fibre Extra (ooc) to Full Fibre 150 - two weeks and counting?

FIXED
rmburnley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Upgrading from Unlimited Fibre Extra (ooc) to Full Fibre 150 - two weeks and counting?

Hi folks,

Just wanted to check if this was normal / to be expected.

Was previously a member of the full fibre trial from Plusnet, hence being on Unlimited Fibre Extra currently, but the contract has long since expired on that. Am currently getting about 70mb.

Decided to take up one of the contract offers and go for Full Fibre 150 (24 months), to get 145mb. Negotiated a deal I was happy with talking to a member of the services team, and was told it would take around three working days to sort. As far as I understand it, there should be no hardware changes or additional infrastructure to install, as I already have the fibre running right to my property and coming in to a fibre box which was installed by BT / Plusnet when I joined the trial.

We're now two weeks on, and I've been monitoring the status of the ticket in my account (ticket no 230567413) and it just seems to keep bouncing between "Your order is being reviewed and will be updated shortly" and then "We are now placing the orders associated to the account so that we can get you up and running as soon as possible. The specifics of your order are detailed below", though the details listed in that message vary each time. 

The homepage on my account just shows a warning / alert symbol and states "An error has occurred. You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress" even though it's literally the first thing I see when I log into my account.

Am I being too impatient, or might there be a problem with my upgrade? Happy to provide additional details if that's helpful.

All the best,

Rich

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Upgrading from Unlimited Fibre Extra (ooc) to Full Fibre 150 - two weeks and counting?

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been released from automatic spam filter and moved to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Upgrading from Unlimited Fibre Extra (ooc) to Full Fibre 150 - two weeks and counting?

@rmburnley 

The PN FTTP Trial was "off system" and doesn't show up to support staff - who know little if anything about it.

Upgrades don't appear to work well if done online or through support. You need to wait for a staff member to pick up this thread and do the necessary manually.

You don't mention it but I assume you're aware that if you still have a landline it gets cancelled - PN don't do VOIP with FTTP.

Brian

rmburnley
Dabbler

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply - the service team guy did sound a bit confused / unsure when I was talking with them. They were trying to arrange for a site visit to discuss the installation of the fibre, and I was explaining that I already had the cable and the wall unit.

I had my landline cancelled once I was up and running on the FTTP trial, and haven't looked back since! I tend to just use my mobile for everything these days anyway. Appreciate the mention though.

Here's hoping this gets seen by the relevant people who can look into it for me!

All the best,

Rich

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@rmburnley 

Like you I cancelled my landline when I got on the Trial - as did 3 of my neighbours.

A staff member will pick up - it's just a question of when - they're quite busy.

Brian

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Fix

Hi @rmburnley !

Thanks for reaching out over the forums, I'm really sorry you've been struggling to get your Full Fibre upgraded. It does look as though you being on the trials has left some confusion as the orders that were trying to be placed was for a brand new connection rather than a modify. 

I've got that Modify order placed for you though and you'll be expecting to receive the new speeds by the 31st Jan. I've updated the ticket and also dropped you an email to confirm. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
rmburnley
Dabbler

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for looking into this for me, I saw the update to the ticket, much appreciated!

I'll keep an eye on things, and all being well I'll be basking in 145mb glory by Tues / Weds!

All the best,

Rich

rmburnley
Dabbler

Hi Curtis,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to you and the team for looking into this and getting it sorted.  I'm happy to report that the upgrade went through smoothly just as you said  and I'm now enjoying my new speeds!

Much appreciated, and thanks to Brian too for his input and suggestions.

All the best,

Rich