cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to unlimited fibre, your email says its been done, no router for 2 weeks...

Chaloner

Upgraded to unlimited fibre, your email says its been done, no router for 2 weeks...

Existing customer, bought the unlimited fibre upgrade end of August, your emails and invoices advised me it's ready to go, as per your own process, invoicing shows 31/08, your process says router will be deliver PRIOR to activation, but still no router.. as of 13/09...

Account shows 2 delivery charges of £6.99, why?? ironic when you can't even deliver 1 of them!!

For the last 2 weeks I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to call / chat / call / chat and never get a response, the chat is 'offline' most of the time and when it appears to be active I just sit in a queue of dozens of places and have never got a human response in 2 weeks.

The phone line never answers, just advised your generic wait times of 30 - 60 minutes, again every time for 2 weeks.

Speed testing shows zero change in performance, although I appreciate this may be due to needing the new router to support newer protocols and speeds, but just be clear, is that really the case, should I not see ANY improvement even on my old kit, bearing in mind it's still legacy cable into the house, whilst waiting weeks for the new router?

If i get no formal response to this post, as I have not received the service quoted and paid for I assume the next stage is to go to court to recover the delivery charges and any monthly billing that represents the difference in upgraded packages.

I'm utterly disgusted by the service levels of this company, amateurish to end all your menu trees with "still need help? Get in touch" when you know damn well there is insufficient resource to provide that service.

I also fully researched your supposedly 'hidden' ticketing support option, as that is BLATANTLY the only viable option when you know you don't have the resource to offer real-time responses, but again can not find a way to create a support ticket anywhere, despite creating the member login blah blah so well done for also hiding the one single off-line service that would have actually HELPED your customer.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Upgraded to unlimited fibre, your email says its been done, no router for 2 weeks...

I'd be pretty sure that you haven't actually been upgraded to Fibre yet. If your old router (which is probably not vdsl compatible)  still works then you're still on ADSL That also could explain why your router hasn't arrived yet either. The account change notification seems to happen on your billing date irrespective of when the upgrade actually happens. The good news is that you should get refunded for the difference when your upgrade actually happens!. Hopefully one of the PN help team will see this and advise when your upgrade is really going to happen...

I also fully researched your supposedly 'hidden' ticketing support option, as that is BLATANTLY the only viable option when you know you don't have the resource to offer real-time responses,

Even if you can find the way to raise a ticket, if it's not for one of the few things that tickets are still used e.g DNS then all that will happen is that you'll likely eventually get a response that says use chat or phone inRoll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chaloner

Re: Upgraded to unlimited fibre, your email says its been done, no router for 2 weeks...

Well, appreciate the feedback and it certainly helps to explain the potential sequence of events in the upgrade process.

Now I just have to resolve how to deal with a firm that does not communicate with customers! (as I sit here on my 20th+ phone call with 30mins+ queue backlog...) I will try to check as I thought there was a confirmed upgrade date in the purchasing and acknowledgement process, but not 100% sure.

Thanks again.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Chaloner Welcome to the community forums.

I've checked your account and made sure a router is now on it's way to you, along with issuing a refund for the duplicate P&P payment.

What @MisterW has said is correct in regards to the upgrade to fibre, apologies for any confusion caused by the account switching to fibre prior to the order completing.

MisterW wrote:
I'd be pretty sure that you haven't actually been upgraded to Fibre yet. If your old router (which is probably not vdsl compatible)  still works then you're still on ADSL That also could explain why your router hasn't arrived yet either.

I've checked your order and this is due to complete on 20/09/16.

If you let us know once this has completed we'll be happy to issue a refund for any overcharge due to the account switching prior to the service activating.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet