cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to fibre

Alruthin

Upgraded to fibre

Upgraded to fibre on Monday it’s being activated tomorrow Thursday 25.4.24

I Haven’t had a new router , does this mean it will automatically just use my old router .
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 397

Re: Upgraded to fibre

@Alruthin If that's an upgrade to Fibre as opposed to Full Fibre, then there's no new router required.

Fibre is basically the same Fibre to the cabinet(FTTC) broadband service delivered over the same copper line BUT with no associated phone service. So there's no need to change anything at your end.

You will of course lose your telephone service and number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alruthin

Okay thank you , so sorry to sound silly , I don’t have to do anything ? Just disconnect my phone line from my home phone 🤷‍♀️
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 397

It's not silly,what is silly is the ISPs referring to a service provided over a copper line as Fibre!

You're correct, all you need to do is unplug the phone, well you don't have to do even that, but it will be useless so may as well be unplugged!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Just to clarify, you've updated from ADSL (over a copper line all the way from the exchange) to "Fibre" (possibly called Fibre 74) which is the same copper line but redirected to an FTTC cabinet somewhere between you and the exchange. Is that correct?

Always amusing to leave the phone plugged in and see if you still have dial tone after the changeover; if you do dial 17070 to see what number is assigned.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from General Chat to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'